Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game plays for a while then crashes. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game plays for a while then crashes. [SOLVED] Empty Game plays for a while then crashes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 02:04

Hello! Title of thread speaks for itself. I haven't tried to travel. I'm using a g4tw download and so forth. Idk what to do. Please help.

Back to top Go down

Game plays for a while then crashes. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game plays for a while then crashes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 02:16

Hi there! Smile

It could help us a lot if you told us more details on the crash. When exactly does it happen? And does it crash with some error message? Like "The Sims 4 has stopped working", or something of the sort.

Also, what are your system specs?

Back to top Go down

Game plays for a while then crashes. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game plays for a while then crashes. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 02:20

So it crashed just now while I was gardening. It crashed while my sim was playing bitblock. And before that she was making grilled cheese. And it crashes to desktop, says "The Sims 4 has stopped working.

//EDIT

I found the fix on another site. Should I go ahead and remove this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 11:44

luvpudds wrote:So it crashed just now while I was gardening. It crashed while my sim was playing bitblock. And before that she was making grilled cheese. And it crashes to desktop, says "The Sims 4 has stopped working.

//EDIT

I found the fix on another site. Should I go ahead and remove this?

Hi again! Smile

Could you please tell us your system specs? Is your OS 32-bit or 64-bit? And do you have more than 4 GB RAM?

And I'm sorry, but what Fix are you talking about? And what do you mean when you say you should remove "this"? Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 16:06

I have a windows 7 64 bit. I have 8gb of ram. Aaaand I googled a bit and found that this was a consistent problem. So I followed the instructions I found on the SimsVIP. Worked. No more issues.

//EDIT

Also. IDK do we delete threads if a person figures out a problem or do we just leave it? Thats what I was asking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 16:14

luvpudds wrote:I have a windows 7 64 bit. I have 8gb of ram. Aaaand I googled a bit and found that this was a consistent problem. So I followed the instructions I found on the SimsVIP. Worked. No more issues.

//EDIT

Also. IDK do we delete threads if a person figures out a problem or do we just leave it? Thats what I was asking.

Ah, I see. Would you mind sharing this instructions you followed? It could help us a lot.

And no, there's no need to delete the topic if you found the fix. Ideally the user would share what he did to solve the issue and then the topic will be closed. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 16:17

OH. Ok. Well the thread I read there said that the problem was in the households who werent in the world. You delete them and the game runs fine. Hold Ill post a link because Im almost positive Im not explaining that right.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/781962/random-crash-to-desktop-possible-cause-and-possible-solution

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 16:23

luvpudds wrote:OH. Ok. Well the thread I read there said that the problem was in the households who werent in the world. You delete them and the game runs fine. Hold Ill post a link because Im almost positive Im not explaining that right.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/781962/random-crash-to-desktop-possible-cause-and-possible-solution

Thank you! That will be very helpful.

As the problem is solved, I'll go ahead and close the topic then. If you encounter any other issues, don't doubt to open a new one. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top