Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't change language of Sims 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't change language of Sims 4 Empty Can't change language of Sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:30

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the Sims 4 (thanks for making this possible!). I changed the folder of installment. I read that you can change the language (I want Dutch). But when I try to follow the steps I get stuck. When I right click on the language file, there is no option 'Edit' so I can't change it. What can I do to get my game in Dutch?
Please help me!

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Can't change language of Sims 4 Empty Re: Can't change language of Sims 4

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 20:42

Hi there! Very Happy

If there is no "Edit" option, another thing you can do is select "Open with..." and then choose Notepad/Wordpad. This will let you edit the file. Then, continue with the instructions and save it to the same location.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 22:56

I'm trying to change it to pt_BR and I can't do it WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Oct 2014, 23:12

Belzebu wrote:I'm trying to change it to pt_BR and I can't do it WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hi there! Smile

You should normally make a new topic about this, but OK. Did you try double clicking the "Portuguese.reg" in the # Language Changer folder? It should be on the RAR file you got from the torrent.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Oct 2014, 00:05

Jesp2 wrote:Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the Sims 4 (thanks for making this possible!). I changed the folder of installment. I read that you can change the language (I want Dutch). But when I try to follow the steps I get stuck. When I right click on the language file, there is no option 'Edit' so I can't change it. What can I do to get my game in Dutch?
Please help me!

Thank you!

Alternatively, you can do it manually too. Press Windows key + R, type regedit in the window, and hit enter. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Wow6432Node -> Maxis -> The Sims 4.

Double-click on the value "Locale" (on the right) and change the value to nl_NL.

If you have a 32-bit Windows system, the registry location should be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Maxis -> The Sims 4.

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 00:33

I did both and its still in english. Even when I do that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE stuff it says 'pt_BR'

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Oct 2014, 00:38

Belzebu wrote:I did both and its still in english. Even when I do that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE stuff it says 'pt_BR'

Can you join the forum's chatbox for a TeamViewer session ? If you want, let me do that language change; shouldn't take too long. Smile  

For more information on TeamViewer, see this here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 14:52

Yes, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Oct 2014, 18:14

Belzebu wrote:Yes, thanks Smile

So is your problem solved now, or do you still need TeamViewer help ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top