Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't change the language in The Sims 4. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't change the language in The Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty I can't change the language in The Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2019, 18:22

Hello, I have a problem and i couldn't find a solution to this problem. I downloaded The Sims 4 repack from other site (idk know if i can give this site here) and i have a problem changing the language of the game to Polish. The site administrator created a file to change the registry entry and recommended using it to change the language. But when I run .reg files (from refiles, i cant add a specific page), i decide to run them as administrator. I receive information that the information has been successfully added to the registry. However, when I open the register, I see that nothing has changed and the game is still in English. I made sure my installation directory is correct. When I try to manually change the registry entry (HKAY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Maxis \ The Sims 4) to Polish, I get a game error (35dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0). Did i do something wrong? Can you help me? I don't know what to do anymore and i'm sorry for my bad English. Sad
my Install Dir: C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\The Sims 4 Discover University                                                  do i have something wrong here?: I can't change the language in The Sims 4. [SOLVED] Pobran10

Back to top Go down

I can't change the language in The Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't change the language in The Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 19 Nov 2019, 18:32

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @shoija,

I can try helping you as well, also if you downloaded the game from elsewhere. But the first thing you need to know is, that most groups that repack Sims 4, only put one (1) language in their games. Mostly that is English, sometimes also Russian.

The remaining languages must be downloaded separately, which is a huge pain, unless you know "certain tricks". But either way, most people don't put more than 1 language in their Sims 4 games. That means for you, if you try changing it into something else than English, you get this error. Usually something like "service initialization failed [error code]".

You can try downloading the Language Strings here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35594-the-sims-4-discover-university-version-1-58-63-1020-out-now

Or if you don't want these ads, then feel free to do an internet search for "Sims 4 language strings". Copy and paste the strings over your install folder, replace existing files when prompted, and then try the game again.

Your registry entry for the GDFBinary is not the way that it should be, I'm not sure if it can work that way. But please try grabbing the Language Strings first, and apply them. See how it goes.

Good luck! Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I can't change the language in The Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: I can't change the language in The Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2019, 19:55

omg it finally worksssss!!!
i changed the language strings to polish (didnt even know it worked that way) and then changed the Locale register to pl_PL and it worked! thank your for the help, you're the best!  Very Happy

[not]Problem solved, topic closed! Feel free to get back in touch with us again, anytime! Just open a new topic then. Carlos is tha man 

- The_gh0stm4n[/not]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top