Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disable Tips/Tutorial

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disable Tips/Tutorial Empty Disable Tips/Tutorial

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 12:41

Hi, how do I disable tips/tutorial in game? I googled and the only advice I get is to disable it in Origin and I don't want to open Origin.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Disable Tips/Tutorial Empty Re: Disable Tips/Tutorial

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 13:43

i can send u a folder that has a lot of tips disabled if u want

//EDIT

UserSettings:

or paste this into UserSetting in documents>ea>ts4, it has to be first before everything. I guess thats all my disablet tips

Helper edit: Added the code into a spoiler, so that it isn't as intrusive.
- SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 15:30

Thanks SlayUrFav, much appreciated but my UserSetting looks exactly the same as this already and the tips keep popping up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 18:17

Simstatic wrote:Thanks SlayUrFav, much appreciated but my UserSetting looks exactly the same as this already and the tips keep popping up.

Hi there! Smile

You could also try going to the Options.ini file, and at the fifth line you'll see "tutorialenabled = 1". Change this value to 0 and see if the tips disappear now. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Oct 2014, 11:16

I still can't disable them even after doing what's posted above me! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 28 Oct 2014, 22:41

SlayUrFav wrote:i can send u a folder that has a lot of tips disabled if u want

//EDIT

UserSettings:

or paste this into UserSetting in documents>ea>ts4, it has to be first before everything. I guess thats all my disablet tips

Helper edit: Added the code into a spoiler, so that it isn't as intrusive.
- SeoY

Shouldn't be the digit at the end of these lines be "0", instead of "1" ? That may be worth a shot, next time I get to play the game. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 21:12

SeoY wrote:
Simstatic wrote:Thanks SlayUrFav, much appreciated but my UserSetting looks exactly the same as this already and the tips keep popping up.

Hi there! Smile

You could also try going to the Options.ini file, and at the fifth line you'll see "tutorialenabled = 1". Change this value to 0 and see if the tips disappear now. Good luck!
Hi SeoY, I changed tutorialenabled to 0 in the Options.ini file but the tips are still popping up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 22:53

Try downloading this usersetting I just made, just like SlayUrFav, I just added zeros in the place of one, so remember to backup your original file, I'll try find sth else if this one does'nt works.

Download Link
Censored

Good luck, mate! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Oct 2014, 22:59

ANDREWjkl wrote:Try downloading this usersetting I just made, just like SlayUrFav, I just added zeros in the place of one, so remember to backup your original file, I'll try find sth else if this one does'nt works.

Download Link
Censored

Good luck, mate! ^^

Hi ANDREWjkl. Smile

Sorry, but I had to censor your link. Please remember that posting outside links is not permitted. Check the rule 6 of the Forum here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/register

And about changing the 1's to 0's, this would only enable all of the tips again. The ones that are marked as 1 are the ones that you already saw and accepted, so the game changes it so they aren't shown to you again. You can check this by clicking "Reset Tutorial" in the in-game options, it will reset all of the 1's to 0's again. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 00:27

Ow, didn't knew that.
Ty, I will try sth else.

EDIT //

I think i found a solution!  Hammertime

1 - Find your TS4 Shortcut and go to proprerties
2 - In the destiny path you put on the end --no_tutorial

Image to help, since its in BR-Portuguese, where says "Destino" its the same as "Destiny path" or something else in english
Just click in the image to see full size.

Disable Tips/Tutorial Captura%20de%20tela%202014-10-29%2021.59.16

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Oct 2014, 06:11

ANDREWjkl wrote:Ow, didn't knew that.
Ty, I will try sth else.

EDIT //

I think i found a solution!  Hammertime

1 - Find your TS4 Shortcut and go to proprerties
2 - In the destiny path you put on the end --no_tutorial

Image to help, since its in BR-Portuguese, where says "Destino" its the same as "Destiny path" or something else in english
Just click in the image to see full size.

Disable Tips/Tutorial Captura%20de%20tela%202014-10-29%2021.59.16

Hello,

Have you tested that personally (I can't see your screenshot) ? I actually did, yesterday already, and it didn't work for me (and yes, I typed it in exactly as stated on various help pages).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 09:30

Carlos wrote:Hello,

Have you tested that personally (I can't see your screenshot) ? I actually did, yesterday already, and it didn't work for me (and yes, I typed it in exactly as stated on various help pages).

I have tested it, and while I was playing i didn't get no tips or tutorials.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 12:29

ANDREWjkl wrote:

Hi again! Smile

Where exactly would that command be put?

I think we can't see your screenshots because you are using Dropbox for those. It only shows them to you (as they are yours) but blocks everyone else out. It shows an Error 403 for me, at least. Would you mind using another image hosting site? Keep in mind that there's one "built-in" in the reply tools. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 30 Oct 2014, 18:21

ANDREWjkl wrote:

That's interesting, but OK. Maybe it'll help if you have all of the tips in the "usersettings.ini" turned to "1" (i.e. if you have seen all tutorials). But other than that, this isn't working for me.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Oct 2014, 18:27

This method don't work, ignore it!
Disable Tips/Tutorial Captur10

There it is, I'll try to reset all the tutorial, to see if this works.
I was at school this morning.
Sorry for this.

EDIT ///

The above method doesn't semm to work, I think the only way to disable the tutorials is to put the number 1 in each one of the entrys in usersetting.
Will put a copy of mine so everybody can copy and use in yours. If the want to Very Happy
Well here it is, have tested it, and it works fine, just remember to make a backup of your original usersetting.
The file is probably in Documents/Eletronic Arts/The Sims 4

User Setting:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Oct 2014, 04:46

ANDREWjkl wrote:This method don't work, ignore it!
Disable Tips/Tutorial Captur10

There it is, I'll try to reset all the tutorial, to see if this works.
I was at school this morning.
Sorry for this.

EDIT ///

The above method doesn't semm to work, I think the only way to disable the tutorials is to put the number 1 in each one of the entrys in usersetting.
Will put a copy of mine so everybody can copy and use in yours. If the want to Very Happy
Well here it is, have tested it, and it works fine, just remember to make a backup of your original usersetting.
The file is probably in Documents/Eletronic Arts/The Sims 4

User Setting:
I just put wat was in ur spoiler in my settings & it worked! No more tutorial tips! Thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:50

for my first post I'm new here. , I think this a good one  Very Happy

I would try to give you the way I use to stop the annoying bubble of the tutorial. I hope you understand, first of all excuse my english Noob  I'm french, so be nice ...

1/ create a file named TS4.bat in the folder of the TS4.exe (look the property of your shortcut to find it) it should be there : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\"

2/ open it and write the following 2 lines (if you don't change the folder of installation it would be exactly the same otherwise write the good link)

in the TS4.bat write :

@echo off
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\" & start TS4.exe --no_tutorial

launch this file to run your game with no tutorial/bubble.  Hammertime

For more easy run change the shortcut in the desk : right click on it, choose property (propriété in french windows), in target (in french it's "cible" I hope it's translate by target in english windows) change TS4.exe by TS4.bat. and validate... now use this shortcut to play sims 4 without the annoying stupid crazy bubble...  cheers  

Why no option to stop it !!!! another strange idea of EA !!!!  No No No

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top