Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disable Mods/CC ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disable Mods/CC ? Empty Disable Mods/CC ?

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 15:35

Hey guys...just installed the latest crack, and the game works perfectly!!
but, a little disappointment with the new update, well not from our lovely team (G4TW), but from Maxis..its all about the mods/cc things.

I've read this info, http://help.ea.com/en/article/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/
but I'm a Noob, I'm afraid to do the 'try and error', so...let me know if anyone here survived with your mods and cc,
I love cc very much, especially harry styles (Hair) Why. Why. Why.

Back to top Go down

Disable Mods/CC ? Empty Re: Disable Mods/CC ?

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 15:47

Hey there! I've played the game and so far encountered the common glitches of looping screen and get together interactions not working. If you don't encounter any problems however, then it is safe to assume your current mods/ccs will work well without running into problems.

I am, sad to say, in the process of putting back 200 mods one by one to test which are the ones causing problems. Sigh. Although 50/50 is safe to assume mods/ccs dated back to last year or up till sept this year causes glitches. Sad 

I hope your mods aren't that many compared to mine though if you wanted the trial and error process.  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 16:04

Ageha wrote:Hey there! I've played the game and so far encountered the common glitches of looping screen and get together interactions not working. If you don't encounter any problems however, then it is safe to assume your current mods/ccs will work well without running into problems.

I am, sad to say, in the process of putting back 200 mods one by one to test which are the ones causing problems. Sigh. Although 50/50 is safe to assume mods/ccs dated back to last year or up till sept this year causes glitches. Sad 

I hope your mods aren't that many compared to mine though if you wanted the trial and error process.  

so the only way is trial and error?? and one by one?? my gosh...
I think I have more than 100 mods, yeah not much as yours, but it still..ugh...
btw, thank you so much...I'll start the trial and error process after this. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Dec 2015, 16:09

PaigeLuwee wrote:
btw, thank you so much...I'll start the trial and error process after this. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Hahaha yeah sigh. But i think it's easier if you know where the problem is though. For me, is when I go to newcrest (i placed a spa there) for a group hangout. If there's a problematic mod, it will loop to the world menu. Good luck! :3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 Dec 2015, 18:46

PaigeLuwee wrote:

I think the term "mod" is often used interchangeably, to describe custom-made/fan-made items in general. That can be all kinds of stuff, be it game-altering mods or custom hair/makeup/clothing, etc. 

I have gotten used to calling game-altering stuff "mods", while things like hair, clothing and similar things are for me "normal CC". With that in mind, you probably don't (!) have "more than 100 (game-altering) mods". Smile  What am I trying to say by that ?

I would suggest that if you need to filter CC because of a new game patch, then focus first on items that actually change in-game mechanisms. Ideally (or hopefully), you have created a system of organization for your CC, and put those game-altering mods into a special folder. See for example this post here, which contains a suggestion for such a system of organization. Having something like this in place should make filtering the items a bit easier.

Again, you should focus on those game-altering items, because they often cause problems in newer patch versions. Items like hair, clothing or makeup, on the other hand, tend to be less problematic, so you can give them lower priority.

Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Dec 2015, 11:27

Oops! I got so used to calling them 'mods' for other games that I forgot about that.  Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

But yeah! And I think it's easier to test them according to dates modified. MOST CCs (for me) dated Sept 2015 and earlier seemed to be incompatible. I've already tested several hairs and make-up. 

Relax once in awhile when you do your trial and error!  Cookie from Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 16 Dec 2015, 18:59

Ageha wrote:Oops! I got so used to calling them 'mods' for other games that I forgot about that.  Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

But yeah! And I think it's easier to test them according to dates modified. MOST CCs (for me) dated Sept 2015 and earlier seemed to be incompatible. I've already tested several hairs and make-up. 

Relax once in awhile when you do your trial and error!  Cookie from Carlos

That's an interesting approach for filtering CCs. Very Happy  If it works for you, why not ? 

In general though, it's probably better to not use that many CC at all.  Haters gonna hate
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Dec 2015, 16:54

Try keeping your mod "types" separate, as in, mods that change game behavior in a separate folder from new hair and makeup. That way, when a new patch comes out you can isolate the immediate problems. I had tons of mods that were more like game hacks that I had to delete completely because the creator stopped updating them.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Dec 2015, 11:54

Vio-Violette wrote:I had tons of mods that were more like game hacks that I had to delete completely because the creator stopped updating them.

....which is the reason I am still reluctant about using "too many" mods. I don't think it would be worth my time, sifting through these mods and gathering the information from the mod creator, each time a new game update is released.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top