Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem Empty Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem

Post by Guest Fri 31 Oct 2014, 01:15

Hello! So today I installed TS4 and after running setup the game was supposed to launch but didn't. However, I tried running the game manually and this came up: 

silent install - Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem 141473471477502?5450034249
That's what the icon (in the upper right corner) & pop-up look like.
Also, I don't see the TS4 folder in Program files, so I tried re-installing the game and it asks me if I want to modify, remove or repair it.. I chose 'repair' first but it didn't fix anything. Then I re-installed everything annnnddd got the same pop-up again.
What should I do?

Back to top Go down

silent install - Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem Empty Re: Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem

Post by Guest Fri 31 Oct 2014, 02:43

Hi there! Smile

Please, download the Ultimate Fix from this link here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

When you copy the folders to the location specified the error should disappear.
About the The Sims 4 folder, it's inside Electronic Arts at Program Files (x86) (or just Program Files, if your OS is 32 bits). Wink

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

silent install - Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem Empty Re: Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem

Post by Guest Sat 01 Nov 2014, 15:24

The vcredist_x64 won't installWat.

silent install - Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem Nwndlk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Nov 2014, 15:30

Stre3t Danc@ wrote:The vcredist_x64 won't installWat.

silent install - Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem Nwndlk

If you are on a 32 bit version of Windows XP, it won't allow you to install the 64 bit version of the vcredist. Just continue with the rest of the steps and let us know how it goes. Good luck! Smile

Mod edit: Moved to the right section.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 02:23

I did. I get the same pop-up I got before.  WhatDidUJustCallMe? It asks me to 'browse' for TS4.exe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Nov 2014, 02:51

Stre3t Danc@ wrote:I did. I get the same pop-up I got before.  WhatDidUJustCallMe? It asks me to 'browse' for TS4.exe.

That means that the antivirus deleted the TS4.exe file. To recover it, you must copy the folders from the Ultimate Fix again. But it will get deleted again if you don't add the installation folders to the antivirus exception list. So, please make sure that the folders are properly added and then extract the folders from the Ultimate Fix there again. If the TS4.exe is not inside of the Ultimate Fix either, you will have to re-download it with the antivirus disabled.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 23:07

My ultimate fix installation guide look like this.....

silent install - Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem Nklnkl10

So... How do I install the fix???

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 05 Nov 2014, 23:09

Ashapee wrote:My ultimate fix installation guide look like this.....

silent install - Install issue -TS4.exe shortcut problem Nklnkl10

So... How do I install the fix???

Hello,

Please open a NEW topic for your issue(s), instead of posting under someone else's thread. Besides, your problem doesn't even seem to have anything to do with the OP's issue.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 03:17

Hello! I have reinstalled the game, made sure my antivirus program has the right folders on it's extension list, then copied the Ultimate Fix, but I am still getting the message that if cannot find the extension. Help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 03:26

BushyC wrote:Hello! I have reinstalled the game, made sure my antivirus program has the right folders on it's extension list, then copied the Ultimate Fix, but I am still getting the message that if cannot find the extension. Help?

Hi there! Smile

Please, create a new topic for your issue. Each user should have a different topic, as each may need a very different solution. We'll be glad to help you after you've created the new topic. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Nov 2014, 03:29

Doh. I'm an idiot. I'd made sure the Fix files after being unzipped were on the exclusion list but had not done so for the files actually in the Program Files. x_x So yeah...feel free to delete all this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top