Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! Empty Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error!

Post by Guest Tue 05 Mar 2013, 23:04

Hello there, :newfag: And this is probably the second or third time in my life I ever posted something on a forum. Noob But I want to play the Sims so badly, and while I didn't find the solution to my problem on the forum (and the internet), the people here seem really nice and helpfull. I've already send a dutch e-mail explaining my problem, but it's been 24 hours with no reply, wich isn't so bad but I thought; this way it might help other people with the same problem as well, if there are any (that and I'm itching to play! Embarassed hope that's no problem).

My problem is as follows:
I can't install any of the expansion packs, because during the installation a screen pops up saying I need to insert the floppy disk with file 83193080 (in case of seasons). I've also tried installing World adventures and Generations, but the same thing happens but with different numbers. Here's a screenshot: (am I supposed to make a spoiler tag for this? I don't know how)

Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! Sims_311

I have installed The Sims 3 razor1911 maxspeed, and I have downloaded all the expansions and stuffpacks from games4theworld. The base game is not cracked yet, and so are the expansions I've tried installing. I have also applied the manual patch from this site, and am planning to use the ultimate fix.

EDIT

After a lot of searching appearantly there were some people with the same problem (but I really did a thorough search for hours and hours divided over multiple days! Noob ). So I followed the admin's advice, I used winrar to extract the files, and now I wanted to extract them to a folder on my desktop. During the extracting an error appeared:

(the screenshot is from Ambitions, and unlike with World Adventures, I keep getting the error(s) no matter how many times I try..)
Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! Sims_310

So with world adventures, I deleted the extracted files, and extracted them again; this time without the error! Wich is good! I thought.. Finally I could install World Adventures, but during the installation this screen popped up a few times:

Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! Sims_312

In English; "CRC Error: The file blahblah doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file.The medium from which you are running the setup maybe corrupted;contact your software vendor". I ignored it multiple times and got the message that the installation succeeded. But I have a feeling it didn't. xD Does this crc error mean the expansion won't work/make my game crash/other problems because certain parts didn't get installed properly?

So my guess is.. the only way to solve this problem is to install it over (and over) again? Do I have to extract the files again also or can I easily uninstall and run the setup again (because this time I got no error during the extracting)? If anyone has any better suggestions please let me know! I'd be very grateful for your help. Help

EDIT

I have reinstalled the base game and the manual patch and made sure it was without errors. First time with installing the base game the crc error eppeared, second time it didn't. With the manual patch it took me three times to install it without getting the crc error. I've tried to install world adventures more then ten times and the error keeps appearing at the same moment. I can't get past this crc error and the one while extracting, please help Sad

Am I maybe missing files? (picture of ambitions files is up^) What could I possibly do to fix this?

Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! Sims_313

Last edited by Mcarina on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 19:47; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : More information and questions)

Back to top Go down

Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! Empty Re: Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error!

Post by Admin Wed 06 Mar 2013, 21:53

Hello,

For the CRC, try clicking "Negeren" (Ignore) all the time. Let the installation finish that way.
The ones that give an error during the extraction are either corrupt or haven't finished downloading yet. (Check your Bittorrent client) If they're corrupt, I'm afraid you'll have to re-download the .rar file.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! Empty Re: Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error!

Post by Guest Wed 06 Mar 2013, 22:43

Too bad I have already deleted the torrents.. something must have gone wrong during the torrenting I guess? Everything was fully torrented. Won't ignoring it mean that the whole China part will be missing? xD

EDIT

Aha! pirat I think I discovered something.. Although I didn't get an error while extracting the world adventure files to the folder on my desktop, I think the extracting still is where the problem lies. Just to be sure I deleted the world adventure files so I could extract it again and install it again.. and this time during the installation I got the same crc error, but not about "china-something", but abaut "Fullbuildep1.package"! (wich I didn't get earlier) And when installing over again a few times, I kept getting the same message about Fullbuildep1.package. So the problem has to lie in the extracting right? Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! 2005046333 ...although I get no errors, wich must mean extracting big/a lot of files is just a bit of a challenge to the computer.. scratch Could this be the case? xD

EDIT

Ah! But this means I can just extract the files somewhere else as well, and replace the broken Fullbuildep1.package!... Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! 2279017149 I'm going to try it right away! *a bit enthousiastic because of finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully* Disk problem during install solved, NEW problem: CRC error! 294340757

Thanks for looking into this, I'll let you know if it works.

EDIT

It didn't work. Sad The weird thing is.. When installing it over again after replacing the file, not only did I get the crc file with Fullbuildep1.package but also with other files (China-something, France-something). So my whole theory isn't right. T^T I'll always stay computerchallenged. I'll try installing al the other expansions tomorrow, if I run into the same problem with all of them I'll try the ones from RELOADED, or try to redownload some of them. I think ignoring the crc errors isn't an option as it's about very big parts of the expansion and Fullbuildep1 is even required I read. Do you possibly know of any other solutions?

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Thu 07 Mar 2013, 03:27

What program are you using to extract the files? (Using winRAR, I don't actually extract them, but instead run the .exe from inside the rar.)
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Mar 2013, 13:03

I use winRAR, and extracted the files to folders on my desktop. Wich worked to make the floppy disk error go away. I'll try it without extracting them then?

EDIT

...Shocked It WORKED! It did extract though when I doubleclicked the setup, but I can't find the folder. Searched through my c drive and didn't find it. Do I need the folder with the files for later maybe? What a weird sollution but it worked! tongue Thank you so much! Just to be sure I'm also going to try it witch the other expansions. But World Adventures is installed now, and if I believe my computer in that there were no errors it should be okay! xD

EDIT

So I've installed everything including Monte Vista and want to apply the ultimate fix. But when installing there were some expansions that gave me the message that my base game was a newer version than the expansion, so I should log in to the site and do something in order for it to work. I just ignored it thinking when I'm done installing and cracking everything with the ultimate fix I'll figure that out.. The icons do appear in my launcher. Does this need to be solved before applying the ultimate fix? Or isn't there anything to be solved and are the errors not right? Also someone on the chat told me the expansions up to generations have to be patched as well, to prevent bugs. But isn't this where the ultimate fix is for? I only patched the base game I think (with your manual patch), and did this before installing all the expansions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 16 Mar 2013, 22:09

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Unfortunately we were not able to get back to you in time. I'd like to apologize for that.

Do you still need assistance?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 15:04

Hello,

That's alright, you guys are helping for nothing in return so I can't complain. Smile Right now the game seems to be running fine. Found no problems yet, but I haven't tried traveling to China or France either XD But I'm in no hurry to go on a vacation, if the worlds don't work I'll figure that out later.

I do have a question about installing custom content, I have razor so I have no idea how to do it. Searched a bit on the internet but couldn't find something usefull, is there maybe a guide for this on the site? Does it even matter wich torrented version of the base game you have? Because right now I have downloaded a .sim sim, xD and I thought I had to put it in Saved Sims in the Sims 3 folder. But then it should appear in the launcher right? to install it? Do I have to do something else with it too?

If you could explain or send a handy link that would be very much appreciated! Meanwhile I'll keep searching myself. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top