Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install Issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Install Issue Empty Install Issue

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 05:09

Hi. I was hoping someone could point out what I'm doing wrong here. I started installing all the TS3 games (base + expansions) following the instructions included in the rar files which means I was using the cracks. Yes I read the how to install correctly thread but I was just trying to follow ALL the directions at once. so long story short, I go to install Late Night and it says unistall everything and reinstall WITHOUT cracks. I uninstalled and re-mounted and installed the base isos and changed the SKU value in the registry and went to install WA, clicked the start-up exe, clicked next. It told me the sims needed to be updated before I could install so I clicked yes and I got an error saying "Error with the Sims 3 Update. Set-up is unable to continue. So how can I install the games and not use the cracks? Sorry if I'm being a major noob. I'm just super confused.

Back to top Go down

Install Issue Empty Re: Install Issue

Post by Sim Architect Mon 12 Nov 2012, 08:03

Uninstall everything again, then you install one by one, don't use any crack. Then, after finishing the last EP/SP you want, copy the main crack for The Sims folder, that you get from the fix.

Install Instructions:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Ultimate Fix:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

To apply the ultimate fix you need to have AT LEAST ONE of the listed expansions or stuff packs, or it won't work (in that case you can keep the image of the last expansion/stuff pack disk mounted anytime you play, usually worked for me, not sure for Supernatural on that though) :

Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy
Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations

The fix has a text file with instructions that you need to follow only if you cracked the game and need to update it. If you didn't, just install the game and expansions/stuff packs, then follow these instructions from the fix:

"13. Open the "# Crack"
folder in this .rar file. Drag & drop the .dll and .exe file you’ll see in
there to exactly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic
Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
(SO NOT TO THE EXPANSION’S GAME DIRECTORY!) and choose "Replace" on the pop-up
that appears, telling you the files already exist.

14. After you’ve applied the crack, start the game and... ENJOY playing!"
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 21:45

Ok I understand all of that but what I mean is, I literally can't install World Adventures without using the updates in the Crack folders.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 12 Nov 2012, 22:11

amy_apocalypse wrote:Ok I understand all of that but what I mean is, I literally can't install World Adventures without using the updates in the Crack folders.

I'm not sure if I got you right, but have you tried this manual patch already ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch-updated
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Nov 2012, 22:42

No I haven't. Can I use that after the base game before I install all the rest or do I have to wait untill the very end?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 13 Nov 2012, 00:54

amy_apocalypse wrote:No I haven't. Can I use that after the base game before I install all the rest or do I have to wait untill the very end?

Since I never had that problem myself, I can only give you an 'educated guess' Embarassed: when installing expansions, at some point you'll probably be prompted to "update the game", whether this is done by the Sims 3 launcher or by means of the manual patch doesn't matter. This means: you should update after installing the base game because you probably can't install the other expansions anyway. (Anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

Good luck!

Last edited by Carlos G. on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 01:46; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 01:40

Yeah that's pretty much what's happening to me. I go to install World Adventures and it says it needs to be updated so I click ok and it says there's an error (the error probably being that it recognizes what I'm trying to upadate as pirated software). Just a guess.

I just uninstalled. Gonna try applying the patch after the base. I'll let you know how tht goes. Wish me luck.

//EDIT

That seemed to do the trick for now. Thanks for your help. I was super stumped. I feel kinda stupid since the fix was so simple. Again, thanks to everyone. Hopefully the rest of the install goes smoothly. If not, I know where to go. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 13 Nov 2012, 06:24

Yeah, I installed everything several times, and installing the base game, manual patching to the latest version, and then installing all the expansions is the seemingly quickest/least issues I found.

Was the error related to invalid files found? Yeah that is just a side-effect that the auto update is picky since the ts3.exe/ts3w.exe and such files are edited to not check for a disc.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 07:34

It never really gave me a reason for the error. It just said "Set up is unable to continue". But like you said, installing the base, patching and installing the packs was simple and error free. Got everything installed now and it works as far as launching with no errors but I have a totally unrelated in-game error that I had with the licensed copy of the game in the first place so I'll be posting a thread for that in the other section (assuming I can't find the solution in an existing thread, of course).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:08

Hello,

As long as this topic is open, you may post your problem here.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)