Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fatal Error (E0) [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fatal Error (E0) [SOLVED] Empty Fatal Error (E0) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 01:23

Okay, so I have downloaded the fix and followed those instructions. I used the fix that worked for someone else by adding all the folders and subfolders to my anti-virus (Norton) and I do mean ALL of them. (I did every single folder thinking that was it.)
I am still getting this error. I'm not sure what I could have done wrong.

Back to top Go down

Fatal Error (E0) [SOLVED] Empty Re: Fatal Error (E0) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 01:36

Hi there! Smile

Did you make sure to follow all of the steps on the guide? Like, the installation of the vcredist_x86 and vcredist_x64 from the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist folder. If you did, try uninstalling them and installing them again.

And did you copy the four folders from the Ultimate Fix to the location specified? Keep in mind you need to select "Copy and Replace" when prompted after the copy.

Another thing you could try is re-downloading the Ultimate Fix with your antivirus disabled, as it possibly deleted some files from inside the Ultimate Fix, making the copying of the folders useless.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 02:24

Okay so I tried re-downloading the fix and then uninstalling and re-installing everything. I followed ALL the instructions, put everything on my exception list and I am still getting this:

Fatal Error
The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E0).

Perhaps I messed something up? I re-downloaded EVERYTHING with my anti-virus off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 10:19

Please check Windows Defender is not getting in the way and deleting those files...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 22:06

I went to my Windows Defender and I got this:

Windows Defender
This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer.
If you're using another ap to check for malicious or unwanted software, use Action Center to check that app's status.

So I don't think it is my Windows Defender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 22:08

callia wrote:I went to my Windows Defender and I got this:

Windows Defender
This app has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer.
If you're using another ap to check for malicious or unwanted software, use Action Center to check that app's status.

So I don't think it is my Windows Defender.

Hi again! Smile

Earlier you said that you have Norton, correct? You may want to check there too, to see if that program is actually deleting some files from the game install location. If it is, there must be a way to add the folders (or even the specific files) to the exclusion list. Please, try that and then apply the Ultimate Fix again. You may need to disable your antivirus temporarily and re-download the Ultimate Fix, as it may have deleted some important files from inside. Finally, check if the game works.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:28

I completely uninstalled everything again, and then re-installed it all. (game and fix) It is working now. I'm not sure what happened, and this was the second time I did a full uninstall/re-install but it worked this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Nov 2014, 00:08

callia wrote:I completely uninstalled everything again, and then re-installed it all. (game and fix) It is working now. I'm not sure what happened, and this was the second time I did a full uninstall/re-install but it worked this time.

Sorry to hear that you had to restart the game. But I'm glad that the issue is solved now.

I'll close this topic now. If you ever need help with anything else, be sure to come back. Have fun! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top