Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 launches with sound, but no screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 launches with sound, but no screen Empty Sims 3 launches with sound, but no screen

Post by Guest Thu 13 Nov 2014, 02:43

Hi, I've downloaded most of the expansions except for the ones I have purchased through Origin and I have everything downloaded and installed step by step using your installation guide, ultimate fix guide, manual patch, everything. The first time I finally got everything to work I launched my game and it worked perfectly with mods and everything, suddenly my game froze and I had to force quit it. After trying to relaunch it again, it seems to be running fine however, there is no screen image. Sad I can hear the background music, but after the launcher and big green sims diamond, my screen doesn't turn black to open the sims game. And sometimes I can see the blue cursor.

I have tried applying the ultimate fix again, however I still get the same problem. I've restarted my macbook and nada Sad Can someone help? I have a 2014 Macbook Pro 13'' with Retina display.

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB

Oh I might also add that all of my games are downloaded and installed onto an external hard drive that has a capacity of 2TB. My laptop just can't hold all of my precious games.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 launches with sound, but no screen Empty Re: Sims 3 launches with sound, but no screen

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 01:46

I'm not the most tech-savy in here but I'm wondering how can your game be install on an external hard drive. Doesn't the game need a system to play ?

Anyway Smile
Knowing The Sims, they are tricky, it might be the problem.
But, first, let's start with the basic : cleaning cache !

So : in your normally Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 folder
delete :
- CasPartCache.package
- compositorCache.package
- scriptCache.package
- simCompositorCache.package
- socialCache.package

Launch the game again and tell us if it helped Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 launches with sound, but no screen Empty Re: Sims 3 launches with sound, but no screen

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 21:59

Thanks for your reply! I ended up solving it by just deleting that whole folder and starting fresh. 

I'm not very tech-savy either however, i just have to keep my hard drive connected to my laptop while playing. The folder in the documents is still located on my laptop, but idk it just works aha. It's a good solution for low storage space Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Nov 2014, 22:20

Well, I'm glad to know you manage to solve your problem Smile
I'm also glad to learn that the game can be install and is working on a separate hard drive ! I might remember that next time Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top