Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Choppy sound in Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Choppy sound in Sims 3 Empty Choppy sound in Sims 3

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2011, 23:19

Hello, I am having a very annoying problem with sounds/music on The Sims 3 (currently updated with every expansion and packs, except Fast Lane).
Although the gameplay tends to be smooth most of the time, every a few seconds the sound gets choppy, for example when my sim talks or sings (in the shower), plays her guitar, and even the sounds when you click a button on Construction mode. This stuttering is becoming increasingly annoying, so I would like to know if someone is aware of this problem and maybe has a possible solution.
I have found on several websites over the Internet that many people are experiencing this problem, but there is no response whatsoever from EA...

Well, thanks beforehand for any help you can provide me.

P.S: Ignore bad grammar please. English is not my first language.

Back to top Go down

Choppy sound in Sims 3 Empty Re: Choppy sound in Sims 3

Post by Admin Fri 01 Apr 2011, 23:28

Hello,

I'm not very good with sound problems in The Sims 3 games. But we can try some things to see if it makes any difference.

(1) First of all, try to experiment a little bit with your in-game sound settings. Try to change the quality and other stuff.

(2) Also, be sure that you've applied this fix: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

(3) And, of course, don't forget to update your Sound Card's drivers.

See if the above changes make any difference.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 04:14

Thanks for your quick reply.

I updated my motherboard's drivers (the sound card is a Realtek, integrated, so I thought it would update it too, but it remains at version 5.10 so I don't know), changed several sound settings within the game, and I have the game fully updated (version 7.something) but the problem remains, sadly.

Anyone else is having this issue? I have read many complains in different websites about this problem, but there is zero response from EA -.- I guess I need to wait until they acknowledge this bug and release a fix...someday. Anyways, although annoying, I can live with this, for now...

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Apr 2011, 11:08

Hello,

Then, sorry, I don't know what the problem is caused by. Maybe Mod m4dm4n can help. I'll notify him about this topic.

Besides that, you can download the latest Realtek drivers here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Don't forget to restart your PC after that.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 12:04

Maybe i've got a solution, wheter, if it's really a sims 3 sound, you can go to the map of sounds'' in your sims 3 files, then delete some sounds (maybe you know the sounds) or just delete all the sounds and put some sounds you like in it. I don't know you like the sounds from the sims.. xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 19:22

Thanks for the link. I am downloading the latest drivers now. I have a small hope that it might make a difference but it seems like a problem with the game itself. Before I had any expansion pack installed, and just played the base game, this wasn't happening. Either WA messed it up or some patch between...

I will reply once I install the drivers, restart the pc and check if the problem has been solved.

@.pointer: Deleting files randomly without knowing the effect it will have in the application that uses them is never a good idea...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 02 Apr 2011, 20:53

Metal Raider wrote:Thanks for the link. I am downloading the latest drivers now. I have a small hope that it might make a difference but it seems like a problem with the game itself. Before I had any expansion pack installed, and just played the base game, this wasn't happening. Either WA messed it up or some patch between...

I will reply once I install the drivers, restart the pc and check if the problem has been solved.

@.pointer: Deleting files randomly without knowing the effect it will have in the application that uses them is never a good idea...
Hello,

Please tell me the result of the new drivers when done.
Meanwhile, which expansions do you have installed?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2011, 23:25

Well, it was a small hope, but it didn't change anything, sadly. I have installed: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Outdoor Living, and High End Loft Stuff.
This problem started after I installed WA, or maybe when I patched somewhere between that expansion and Ambitions. This sound glitch is specially annoying now that I moved my first and only sim to Bridgeport, to let her enjoy the night life and become a rock superstar. I have no clue what else to do, but I guess I will have to wait until EA acknowledges this problem and releases a fix -.-

Thanks for your time anyways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 03 Apr 2011, 00:06

Hello,

If also THIS FIX doesn't fix your problem, I don't know anything else either, sorry.

I guess you'll have to wait for an EA patch to fix the problem or you could (temporary) uninstall the expansion causing the problem.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2011, 15:42

@ Metal Raider , If you don't know the effect yeah.. Put deleting Music / sound files, just can. Otherwise, look it up in some other forum that doesn't go about fixes, but how to install new music on sims3. I'm sure I red it anywhere, that you can move the music and replace other music you like. And it isn't a cheat, hack, mod or else, just a thing you can change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top