Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Crashing Empty SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Crashing

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 01:41

HI there.

I downloaded SimCity 4 deluxe from you recently. After a teething problem (my own fault) I have got it up and running.

The problem is that within seconds of getting into the game, it crashes and I'm forced to reset my machine.
Basically it opens up to the home page where I select a new city. I do that and then I go to level terrain and bam - it crashes.

I used to have this problem with a genuine Sims 3 that I have and I upgraded my RAM and using another forum, got help to minimize the memory and all that, that Sims 3 required in order to run. Since then, it runs like a dream.

Now i"m having the same issues again with SimCity 4 and surely it can't be a problem with memory and all that, if Sims 3 will work fine?

Can you please advise what I should do from here?

Many Thanks,

Sarah

//EDIT

Oh and here is my DXDIAG - as you can see, I've got the specs to run it?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/16/2014, 11:44:06
       Machine name: PC-7
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130704-0421)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL_
       System Model: DQ965GF_
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU            2160  @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)
             Memory: 3326MB RAM
          Page File: 980MB used, 7169MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Back to top Go down

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Crashing Empty Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Crashing

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Nov 2014, 02:10

sarahjau wrote:HI there.

I downloaded SimCity 4 deluxe from you recently. After a teething problem (my own fault) I have got it up and running.

The problem is that within seconds of getting into the game, it crashes and I'm forced to reset my machine.
Basically it opens up to the home page where I select a new city. I do that and then I go to level terrain and bam - it crashes.

I used to have this problem with a genuine Sims 3 that I have and I upgraded my RAM and using another forum, got help to minimize the memory and all that, that Sims 3 required in order to run. Since then, it runs like a dream.

Now i"m having the same issues again with SimCity 4 and surely it can't be a problem with memory and all that, if Sims 3 will work fine?

Can you please advise what I should do from here?

Many Thanks,

Sarah

//EDIT

Oh and here is my DXDIAG - as you can see, I've got the specs to run it?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 11/16/2014, 11:44:06
       Machine name: PC-7
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130704-0421)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL_
       System Model: DQ965GF_
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU            2160  @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)
             Memory: 3326MB RAM
          Page File: 980MB used, 7169MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Hello,

Try going into your Control Panel in Windows, and then to "System". Under the "Advanced" tab, go to System Performance and then click on "Settings". Then go to the "Data Execution Prevention"-tab and select "activate DEP for all programs except the ones I choose" (the second option in that window). Then click on "Add", and then navigate to your game's .exe file (wherever you installed it). 

After you added the .exe file of the game, click on "apply", and then OK.

Next, re-boot the computer, and then re-try the game. Good luck and keep us posted ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Crashing Empty Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition - Crashing

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 02:26

Hi Carlos

I did as you asked, however it did not work. Once I had rebooted, I opened the game to try and play and it crashed again.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Nov 2014, 02:31

sarahjau wrote:Hi Carlos

I did as you asked, however it did not work. Once I had rebooted, I opened the game to try and play and it crashed again.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Sarah

You mentioned something about a "teething problem" at the beginning. What exactly happened ? I'm actually unsure what else to suggest now, but you can even try un-installing the game and re-booting the computer ? After the re-boot, re-install the game, according to the instructions.

And then, please also make sure that the thing with the "DEP" is still valid, so check the menu I mentioned before again, and see if the .exe is still there; if not, re-add the .exe file again. Good luck. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 03:08

The teething problem is in my first post on here. Basically I didn't follow the installation steps properly, posted it and found out that I had screwed up.

I'll try the uninstall and see if that works. I don't have to re-download the entire file though, do I?

Thanks for your help.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Nov 2014, 03:12

sarahjau wrote:The teething problem is in my first post on here. Basically I didn't follow the installation steps properly, posted it and found out that I had screwed up.

I'll try the uninstall and see if that works. I don't have to re-download the entire file though, do I?

Thanks for your help.

Sarah

If you still have the original .RAR file of the SimCity 4 download somewhere, then you don't need to re-download. Smile  Yes, keep us posted !

P.S. you can even try de-activating your anti-virus program before re-installing, just in case it tried to "interfere" in the installation.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top