Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My sims are invisible and i've installed the fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My sims are invisible and i've installed the fix Empty My sims are invisible and i've installed the fix

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 01:20

Hello everyone
im havng some issues. Ive installed the Sims 4 on my computer and everything is working fine. Now here comes the problem ive installed it also on a friendsa dn the games starts up and everything but no the sims in the create a sim are invisible...what should i do im totally confused as this didnt happen too me on my computer. Im running windows 8 and she is running windows 8.1.
thanks in advance... Noob Help

Back to top Go down

My sims are invisible and i've installed the fix Empty Re: My sims are invisible and i've installed the fix

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Nov 2014, 01:32

DarkFoxx678 wrote:Hello everyone
im havng some issues. Ive installed the Sims 4 on my computer and everything is working fine. Now here comes the problem ive installed it also on a friendsa dn the games starts up and everything but no the sims in the create a sim are invisible...what should i do im totally confused as this didnt happen too me on my computer. Im running windows 8 and she is running windows 8.1.
thanks in advance... Noob Help

Hello again,

Is the other computer strong enough for the game ? Also, on the other computer, is the "laptop mode" enabled in the in-game options ? If so, turn the laptop mode off again.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

My sims are invisible and i've installed the fix Empty Re: My sims are invisible and i've installed the fix

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 01:36

i didnt know that there was a laptop option where would that be located?
and yes she can run the game everything is fine. The sound and the video itself runs great just no sim in the create a sim.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Nov 2014, 01:48

DarkFoxx678 wrote:i didnt know that there was a laptop option where would that be located?
and yes she can run the game everything is fine. The sound and the video itself runs great just no sim in the create a sim.

Somewhere in the options there is a box called "laptop mode". Please make sure that box is UNMARKED. And then try again. Also, are there any mods or custom content on that other computer ? If yes, please remove all mods.

Other than that we still need to look into that glitch, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 03:47

I'm having the same issue. No changes, no custom, JUST installed it then did the fix update as well. 
Added it to the exceptions on my anti-virus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 15:29

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who has this issue!  WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 21:26

im still having the same issue ive turn down my graphics and turned off laptop mode still no sim in my create a sim so what else can i do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2014, 03:36

I'm also experiencing the same problems where my sims don't show up with or without the custom content.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 21 Nov 2014, 06:10

DarkFoxx678 wrote:im still having the same issue ive turn down my graphics and turned off laptop mode still no sim in my create a sim so what else can i do

Can you also try and make sure to actually configure this "Windows Defender" too ? Either turn it off completely or try adding the TS4.exe to the "exceptions" of it.

And you may even think about un-installing your anti-virus completely. 

And then, re-download and re-apply the latest Ultimate fix for TS4, here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Good luck again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Nov 2014, 13:48

I have Avast antivirus and I disabled it then reinstalled The Sims 4 and also downloaded and applied the fix again and for some reason everything is fine now although I already tried that before

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 20:39

In the game -> bin folder where you installed, is the 3dmgame.dll file there? I found mine had been deleted and was in a virus chest even after adding all of the folders to the exclusion list. When I restored the file and put it where it's meant to be, my sims reappeared and the applied fix worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 17:01

dragonnet wrote:In the game -> bin folder where you installed, is the 3dmgame.dll file there? I found mine had been deleted and was in a virus chest even after adding all of the folders to the exclusion list. When I restored the file and put it where it's meant to be, my sims reappeared and the applied fix worked.

I don't have this folder in my bin folder, I cant find it in my avast quarantine/virus chest either. Where exactly did you find the file?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top