Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game. Empty No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

Post by Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 04:06

I open my game, I've been playing a while now, and all of the sudden, my panel wouldn't open. So, I look for a fix, and it suggests that saving the game with a different name and just playing the other game, will help. When I did that, I had no money, no sim image, no actions, and still no panel... Another suggestion suggested I deleted the other game and use the backup instead, not realizing my backup was from days ago, and have lost a lot of data on my original game. But I'm wondering if maybe I could get some help with my other game, I've saved as a different name. 

I have a few mods, but they've never interfered with the game play before.

Let me know if you can help

Back to top Go down

No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game. Empty Re: No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 18 Nov 2014, 06:09

Hanakazari wrote:I open my game, I've been playing a while now, and all of the sudden, my panel wouldn't open. So, I look for a fix, and it suggests that saving the game with a different name and just playing the other game, will help. When I did that, I had no money, no sim image, no actions, and still no panel... Another suggestion suggested I deleted the other game and use the backup instead, not realizing my backup was from days ago, and have lost a lot of data on my original game. But I'm wondering if maybe I could get some help with my other game, I've saved as a different name. 

I have a few mods, but they've never interfered with the game play before.

Let me know if you can help

Hello Hanakazari,

Since you said your game worked well for a while, I assume you correctly applied the manual patch + Ultimate fix too...

Did you travel with your sim(s) somewhere, before this glitch occurred ? Like, into the future, the university town or into one of the holiday destinations (Shang Simla, Al-Simhara, Champs-les-Sims) ?

Or did you do any other "specific" in-game interaction before this glitch happened ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game. Empty Re: No Panel, suggested fix breaks saved game.

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 04:30

I did go to the University. I had just come back, went to sleep in the Dream Pod, had a dream, and saved the game and quit. I had just completed my second degree. 

I've never experienced this problem before.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:38

Hanakazari wrote:I did go to the University. I had just come back, went to sleep in the Dream Pod, had a dream, and saved the game and quit. I had just completed my second degree. 

Try playing with your backup save, even if you lose some in-game progress. I'm afraid there's nothing much than can be done in your case. Savefile corruption can always happen, sorry. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  

//EDIT

For the future, try saving the game in shorter and more frequent intervals, and also make sure to backup your "Saves"-folder, regularly too (located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:08

Carlos wrote:
Hanakazari wrote:I did go to the University. I had just come back, went to sleep in the Dream Pod, had a dream, and saved the game and quit. I had just completed my second degree. 

Try playing with your backup save, even if you lose some in-game progress. I'm afraid there's nothing much than can be done in your case. Savefile corruption can always happen, sorry. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  

//EDIT

For the future, try saving the game in shorter and more frequent intervals, and also make sure to backup your "Saves"-folder, regularly too (located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3).
What he said. I would also add that you should save with different names each time, so you have several levels of backup and, if anything goes wrong in a moment, you can always recover from the latest "good" backup available.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top