Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow loading saved game & new game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slow loading saved game & new game Empty Slow loading saved game & new game

Post by Guest Sun 15 Dec 2013, 17:16

Hi

Whenever I want to load a saved game or start a new game, it takes forever to load.
I have already tried things like deleting DCBackup and those cache files (not the DCCache, but those in the Sims 3 folder), but it won't work.
I also tried starting my sims without using downloaded creations, but it's still taking a lot of time so I think that's not the problem.

Last time I played was a few weeks ago, and then it took like 5min to start a saved game, now it's still loading after 15min!
I think it's because I installed other neighbourhoods... So I deleted them and started the game (without downloaded creations) but it still won't work.

Can anyone help me pls?

Specifications of my laptop can be found if you google MSI GE70 2OE.
I don't know that much about those specifications so I'd rather let you check them.
But I am 100% sure my laptop can run The Sims 3, I tested it on "Can You Run It" and I changed the settings in Nvidia so The Sims uses my graphic card to run faster.

Thanks!

EDIT

I halve also updated the launcher to 1.63, maybe this could be the reason, I just don't know how to fix it...
When loading a saved game it's stuck at the end of the bar
When starting a new game it's stuck at the middle of the bar

I hope this information may help to find a solution...

Last edited by RaniiRainbow on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 17:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra information)

Back to top Go down

Slow loading saved game & new game Empty Re: Slow loading saved game & new game

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Dec 2013, 08:17

RaniiRainbow wrote:Hi

Whenever I want to load a saved game or start a new game, it takes forever to load.
I have already tried things like deleting DCBackup and those cache files (not the DCCache, but those in the Sims 3 folder), but it won't work.
I also tried starting my sims without using downloaded creations, but it's still taking a lot of time so I think that's not the problem.

Last time I played was a few weeks ago, and then it took like 5min to start a saved game, now it's still loading after 15min!
I think it's because I installed other neighbourhoods... So I deleted them and started the game (without downloaded creations) but it still won't work.

Can anyone help me pls?

Specifications of my laptop can be found if you google MSI GE70 2OE.
I don't know that much about those specifications so I'd rather let you check them.
But I am 100% sure my laptop can run The Sims 3, I tested it on "Can You Run It" and I changed the settings in Nvidia so The Sims uses my graphic card to run faster.

Thanks!

EDIT

I halve also updated the launcher to 1.63, maybe this could be the reason, I just don't know how to fix it...
When loading a saved game it's stuck at the end of the bar
When starting a new game it's stuck at the middle of the bar

I hope this information may help to find a solution...

Hello,

Are you using any mods (mostly they have the ".package" file ending) ? If so, remove all mods for now.

Some general tips: make sure to have enough filespace on your hard-drive. Also, defragment your hard-drive too. Sometimes, this can help improve the performance.

A more "radical" solution is that you go to My Dcuments/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3", into anything you like. Then start the game, make a NEW savegame, and see if it loads.

Whatever you do (you should try everything I described), good luck, and let me know your outcome !

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Dec 2013, 13:03

Thanks for answering.

I have tried a lot of things already... I deleted al the mods, even in the launcher, and it still won't load.
So then I deleted my base game, and the latest expansion (Into The Future) and re-installed them without mods, and it worked. I have 238GB of free space on my C disk, and 209 on my D disk.
My laptop is running Windows 8, so it defragments on its own in a background process, but I'll try running it myself and see how it works.

I'm having some free time tomorrow, so I'm going to delete and re-install the base game & the latest expansion, and I'll place package by package untill I find the one that blocks my game...

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know if it works!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Dec 2013, 15:05

RaniiRainbow wrote:Thanks for answering.

I have tried a lot of things already... I deleted al the mods, even in the launcher, and it still won't load.
So then I deleted my base game, and the latest expansion (Into The Future) and re-installed them without mods, and it worked. I have 238GB of free space on my C disk, and 209 on my D disk.
My laptop is running Windows 8, so it defragments on its own in a background process, but I'll try running it myself and see how it works.

I'm having some free time tomorrow, so I'm going to delete and re-install the base game & the latest expansion, and I'll place package by package untill I find the one that blocks my game...

Thanks for the help, I'll let you know if it works!

Hello,

Yes, you have to be really careful with these mods; even if the instructions say they are "compatible" with a particular patch level, some mods might still cause trouble (I can speak from a lot of experience in that).

Indeed, usually the best method is to put in one mod, start the game and see if it works. If it does, exit the game, put in the next mod, and so on.

And yes, please keep us updated ! Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 15:50

I have the same problem.  Yesterday, it took an hour to get into my saved game.  I tried a factory reset, didn't fix it.  I'm currently re-patching.  Someone told me they had this and it was a failed patch.  Giving it a try.  I think I'm having more problems since installing Roaring Heights.  But my problems started with Into the Future. 

I don't think it's the mods.  I took them out and did the factory reset and it still didn't fix it.  I'm not sure what got corrupted.

Moderator edit: please open a new topic for your problem(s). That way, it's easier for us to provide individual help. Wink 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 19:19

Hi

I am starting to think my files are corrupted... Before I posted here, I google'd my problem and someone said you should compress your files, so I did and now the files I had before the whole problem started are slowing down my game...
Could this be the reason?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Dec 2013, 22:57

I've fixed it!

I might be lucky I only had 100 .package files...
My .sims3package files were fine, but there were some corrupted .package files, so I copied the name of a file, placed it in google, re-downloaded it and replaced the old one!
All the ones I couldn't find (because they had a weird name or too difficult to find) were deleted just in case.

So now my game is running again like it should be Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top