Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked! Empty I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked!

Post by Guest Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:01

Hi,

I first installed the game and I got the "dynamic library rld.dll" error. I then installed the ultimate fix and the game started wonderfully but it kept crashing after 10 minutes every time. I read the posts and followed the steps to add TS4.exe to the DEP list. I also installed the patch and followed the steps but then, surprisingly, I got back to the dynamic library error Sad.

N.B I installed Origin and the CAS Demo, are they needed? Would it make any difference if I completely uninstalled Origin? I'm using a laptop with high specs, so no worries about RAM or VGA or any of the game requirements. Can you please help?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked! Empty Re: I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:08

lolo221 wrote:Hi,

I first installed the game and I got the "dynamic library rld.dll" error. I then installed the ultimate fix and the game started wonderfully but it kept crashing after 10 minutes every time. I read the posts and followed the steps to add TS4.exe to the DEP list. I also installed the patch and followed the steps but then, surprisingly, I got back to the dynamic library error Sad.

N.B I installed Origin and the CAS Demo, are they needed? Would it make any difference if I completely uninstalled Origin? I'm using a laptop with high specs, so no worries about RAM or VGA or any of the game requirements. Can you please help?

Thanks

Hello lolo221 and welcome,

Most likely, you missed something or did something wrong. Can you - again - please download and install the files in the following link ?

Try downloading and installing the following files in the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install the 2 files here only:

vcredist_x64.exe
vcredist_x86.exe

Next, are you sure you are configuring your anti-virus program correctly ? Please add the install location (and maybe the sub-folders) of The Sims 4 base game to the "exclusions" of your anti-virus software. Also, I would recommend you DE-ACTIVATE this "Windows Defender" completely (in the settings, go to "Administrator" and choose "de-activate/turn off").

And after you did all that, try re-applying the Ultimate fix again, and start the game. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked! Empty Re: I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked!

Post by Guest Sun 23 Nov 2014, 16:20

Thanks Carlos. Unfortunately, no good! I even completely disabled my antivirus but still I get the same error.

Will I need to reinstall the game? If yes, then how can I completely remove it? And again, do I need to keep Origin and the CAS demo?

Thanks a lot Sad

//EDIT

Please help!!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still I am getting the error. Will the game ever work??

Thanks I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked! Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 22:53

lolo221 wrote:Thanks Carlos. Unfortunately, no good! I even completely disabled my antivirus but still I get the same error.

Will I need to reinstall the game? If yes, then how can I completely remove it? And again, do I need to keep Origin and the CAS demo?

Thanks a lot Sad

//EDIT

Please help!!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still I am getting the error. Will the game ever work??

Thanks I read all the posts in the forum but nothing worked! Icon_sad

Hi there! Smile

It could help us a lot if you told us the exact error message you are getting. Is it the e1103 error, the e1104, or the E0 one? Depending on the error code, the fix should be different.

As of now, are you sure you added all of the folders from the install location to your antivirus Exceptions List? They are located in Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and the folders are _Installer, Game, Data, and Support. Also add the Bin folder inside the Game one. Then, re-download the Ultimate Fix and copy the folders from it to the location specified again. You may want to temporarily disable your antivirus while you do this, to be completely sure.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Nov 2014, 23:58

I tried everything and it is still not working Sad

The error I'm getting is E1103. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 03:10

lolo221 wrote:I tried everything and it is still not working Sad

The error I'm getting is E1103. Thanks

I see. Then your problem is most likely caused by the Visual C++ Redistributable. What Windows do you have? Did you already install the vcredist_x86.exe and vcredist_x64.exe? If you did, then try uninstalling them and installing them again. Also, take a look in the list of programs installed to see which versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable you have (the years).

Also, what antivirus do you have?

About your previous question, no, there shouldn't be any need to have Origin or the CAS Demo installed. Having them wouldn't cause any issues. Uninstalling them, on the other hand, has shown to cause problems to *some* (not all) of the users. So, if you don't mind them, then keep them for now. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:22

I have windows Vista. I installed and reinstalled them and the version I have, is what came with the game (2013). I have AVast AV, I am almost disabling it all the time. I also have uninstalled Origin and the CAS Demo as this issue already happened before I uninstall them.

I guess I couldn't remove the first installed game properly, or maybe something with the DEP thing because I did not have any issues with starting the game when I installed it the first time, I only had crash issue but at least the game was running. I am sorry that I'm taking too much of your time, but I like your forum and I'm desperate to get this game to work, I really don't want to download another game as I only trust yours.

Thanks

I uninstalled the whole game for the third time and installed it again, still getting the same error. I think I should give up at this point as it is getting very frustrating Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Dec 2014, 20:19

lolo221 wrote:I have windows Vista. I installed and reinstalled them and the version I have, is what came with the game (2013). I have AVast AV, I am almost disabling it all the time. I also have uninstalled Origin and the CAS Demo as this issue already happened before I uninstall them.

I guess I couldn't remove the first installed game properly, or maybe something with the DEP thing because I did not have any issues with starting the game when I installed it the first time, I only had crash issue but at least the game was running. I am sorry that I'm taking too much of your time, but I like your forum and I'm desperate to get this game to work, I really don't want to download another game as I only trust yours.

Thanks

I uninstalled the whole game for the third time and installed it again, still getting the same error. I think I should give up at this point as it is getting very frustrating Sad

I'm very sorry for the late reply,

Feel free to read up though on the "TeamViewer" information here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html

And then join the chatbox, on the top of the forum's main page, when you see me online there. I will then try to assist you with that issue. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top