Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff. Empty THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff.

Post by Guest Sat 22 Nov 2014, 23:14

I know it's been ages since someone has posted but I also have this problem. If anyone can help me that would be great Smile

Back to top Go down

THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff. Empty Re: THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:59

poppy0700 wrote:I know it's been ages since someone has posted but I also have this problem. If anyone can help me that would be great Smile

Hello poppy0700 and welcome,

I split your post from the other thread. As for your issue, do you know how to update your graphics drivers ? 

For now, press the Windows key + R, and in the search mask type dxdiag and hit enter then. Navigate to the "Display"-tab and either post the name of the "Manufacturer" and "Chip model" (top left part of the window), or make a screenshot and post it here.

Good luck for now and keep us posted ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff. Empty Re: THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff.

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 18:30

thanks for the reply. My Manufacturer is Intel Corporation and I couldn't find my chip model sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Nov 2014, 18:42

poppy0700 wrote:thanks for the reply. My Manufacturer is Intel Corporation and I couldn't find my chip model sorry.

Sorry for the late reply, but keep in mind first that your "Intel HD" chip is not really suited for gaming - because it's so underpowered. Your graphics chip (and probably the whole computer) is mainly intended to be used for office purposes or things like waching videos, surfing the web, etc. 

Try this tool here and see if it detects any updates for your chip:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Also, make sure to lower all graphics settings in-game. Good luck again ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Nov 2014, 21:02

Ok thank you I'll give it a try and check my options Smile

//EDIT

I tried but it didn't work sadly THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff. Icon_sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 29 Nov 2014, 13:58

poppy0700 wrote:Ok thank you I'll give it a try and check my options Smile

//EDIT

I tried but it didn't work sadly THE SIMS 3 not rendering fur/fluff. Icon_sad

Sorry, but at this point I can't really give you more tips. You can try un-installing the "Pets" expansion again. And after that, re-boot the computer. Then repeat the steps from #2 to #4 here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly?tid=3495f30973a5145b6185508c01b68849

And then play without the "Pets" expansion. As hard as it is to say for me, but there is (still) no real substitute for capable hardware.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top