Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That annoying no fluff issue :-/

View previous topic View next topic Go down

That annoying no fluff issue :-/ Empty That annoying no fluff issue :-/

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 05:01

Once again the EA community isn't answering any of my posts ( I don't know why I keep posting back there, G4TW have much better support!)
I installed the sims 3 onto my new computer, everything is working fine, except I've got the no fluff issue >.< where the pets are just fat...
Heres the form I filled out on the EA website, maybe someone here will have a suggestion:

NO FLUFF-

1. What type of graphics card do you have?
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

2. Have you updated to the latest drivers for your card?
Yes (7/28/2012)

3. What are the basic specs (no dxdiag) of your computer?
Computer:
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
AMD FX - 4170 Quad-Core Processor (4CPUs), ~4.2GHz
8192MB RAM
DirectX 11
Graphics:
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Driver:
7/28/2012

4. What are your in-game graphics settings, and do you have advanced rendering on?
That annoying no fluff issue :-/ DySeI

5. If you installed and used the Create-A-Pet Demo, did your cats and dogs have fluff in the demo?
Yes all animals have fluff in the demo. (although there is a white line where the fluff ends)

6. What OS are you running?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition

7. Besides the fluff of cats and dogs, do all other animals appear to render fine?
Yes (Horses have fluff on their feet)

8. In general, outside of the no fluff problem, does your game more or less run as it should?
Yes.

Back to top Go down

That annoying no fluff issue :-/ Empty Re: That annoying no fluff issue :-/

Post by t2sink Tue 18 Sep 2012, 05:51

I found this topic on here
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2740-the-sims-3-not-rendering-fur-fluff-information
(Was from like a year ago, but still holds true.)

But from what I see around on EA site, it was suppose to be fixed in 1.29. But we all know EA's love of having bugs, so if you have it after that.

Latest update for your graphic card looks like it's 8/15/2012, following link should take you to the page http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx#1
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Sep 2012, 06:06

t2sink wrote:I found this topic on here
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2740-the-sims-3-not-rendering-fur-fluff-information
(Was from like a year ago, but still holds true.)

But from what I see around on EA site, it was suppose to be fixed in 1.29. But we all know EA's love of having bugs, so if you have it after that.

Latest update for your graphic card looks like it's 8/15/2012, following link should take you to the page http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx#1

Thanks I'm trying the new driver, I originally downloaded the auto driver detect and install from their website, but I'll see if this makes any difference... I'll post a update if anything has changed.

I downloaded it and installed in dxdiag it still says the date on the driver is the 7/28/2012... So I'll just assume that I already had the most recent update.. It didn't change anything in game, the no fluff issue still persists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 18 Sep 2012, 17:21

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
We'll update your GPU drivers manually together. It might help with this issue, but I can't guarantee.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Sep 2012, 02:38

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.
We'll update your GPU drivers manually together. It might help with this issue, but I can't guarantee.

Okay thanks, it's just weird because the fluff shows up on the create a pets demo, but not actually in the pets game :-/

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:20

Hello,

It may also help to know how you initially patched your game, did you use the launcher, or the superpatcher?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:45

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

It may also help to know how you initially patched your game, did you use the launcher, or the superpatcher?

The game was patched to version 1.38 upon the installation of The Sims 3 Supernatural, so when I ran the setup it said the game wasn't up to date and needed to be patched and I pressed 'yes' to proceed with the patch, if that's what you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 19 Sep 2012, 20:31

Hello,

Try the manual patch. It'll tell you that you're already at that patch level, but just ignore that and proceed with the installation.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Sep 2012, 03:07

I'm trying to download the manual patch, however the download doesn't seem to be working... It's just sitting in my downloads bar at 0.0/1.0 GB, 1 day left.

//EDIT: I fixed the no fluff issue, what the problem was the graphics card I had was to advanced for the sims 3, and it didn't recognize it, so it downgraded to a lower version of a graphics card...
I easily fixed it by following these steps found here : http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game
And now the fluff appears! So anyone else who has a AMD 7000+ and has this issue have a look at the above ^ link, It'll probably help solve it Smile

/Solved Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top