Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installation Problem Empty Installation Problem

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 22:49

hello,
I downloaded the game and when download completed i opened the file, read the instructions, then double clicked "the_sims_4_setup.exe" and was met with "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package." I am not sure what to do... please help.

Back to top Go down

Installation Problem Empty Re: Installation Problem

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 00:02

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Did you extract the RAR file you got from the torrent with WinRAR? Using any other program may damage the files. You can get WinRAR here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

After that, make sure that you extract the contents of the RAR into an empty folder and try again. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 00:06

So i was able to install. I downloaded winRAR and opened the file using winRAR and installed successfully but now i am getting the dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to intialize (E1104). error message. I am going to read through the already existing threads to see if i can resolve myself. I will let you know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 00:08

jescuziblaze wrote:So i was able to install. I downloaded winRAR and opened the file using winRAR and installed successfully but now i am getting the dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to intialize (E1104). error message. I am going to read through the already existing threads to see if i can resolve myself. I will let you know how it goes.

What you should try first is applying the Ultimate Fix, that you can get here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix
But yes, reading other topics is a good idea to find a solution. And sure, keep us updated on your progress. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 01:39

So I am trying to add the sims4 folders to the exclusions list in my anti-virus software but i get a error message saying that i cannot add the folder to the list because it is a critical system folder and adding it will cause a serious security problem for my PC... I am using McAfee LiveSafe - internet security

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 02:16

jescuziblaze wrote:So I am trying to add the sims4 folders to the exclusions list in my anti-virus software but i get a error message saying that i cannot add the folder to the list because it is a critical system folder and adding it will cause a serious security problem for my PC... I am using McAfee LiveSafe - internet security

I see. You'll have to experiment a little bit with your antivirus, to find a way to actually add the install location to the exclusions list. If it won't let you after all, well, you may want to think about getting another antivirus. One that actually allows you to manipulate the exclusions, and isn't as intrusive.

Do let us know how it goes. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top