Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem with the update [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problem with the update [SOLVED] Empty problem with the update [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 15:56

Hi, i downloaded the latest ultimate fix (the one with the pools), but it isn't working. After i moved the folders inside my the sims 4 one, i opened the game but the dlc wasn't there.

Also, if i try to open the game from the desktop link created when i installed the game for the first time, the game opens normally. But, if i try to open from the .exe file inside the "Game" folder in the ultimate fix, i get an error saying the game data does not exist or is corrupted.

Sorry for the poor english.  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

problem with the update [SOLVED] Empty Re: problem with the update [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Dec 2014, 20:01

vbgcpacoca wrote:Hi, i downloaded the latest ultimate fix (the one with the pools), but it isn't working. After i moved the folders inside my the sims 4 one, i opened the game but the dlc wasn't there.

Also, if i try to open the game from the desktop link created when i installed the game for the first time, the game opens normally. But, if i try to open from the .exe file inside the "Game" folder in the ultimate fix, i get an error saying the game data does not exist or is corrupted.

Sorry for the poor english.  Oh my...

Hello and welcome,

Can you please try and add the download location for your internet browsers (Firefox/Chrome) to the "exclusions" of your anti-virus program ? And while you're at it, also add the download location for your torrent client to the exclusions too. These things are REALLY important.

And after that, please re-download and re-apply the "Ultimate fix", from here:
http://goo.gl/n1kiU2

Install instructions are included. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Dec 2014, 21:31

I completely deactivated my antivirus program, re-downloaded the fix, however, it still doesn't work. The game launches, but it does on the version 1.0.797.20

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Dec 2014, 11:00

vbgcpacoca wrote:I completely deactivated my antivirus program, re-downloaded the fix, however, it still doesn't work. The game launches, but it does on the version 1.0.797.20

Did you actually apply all the files correctly ? You MUST replace all old files, with the new ones. So when you are prompted, you must select "copy and replace for all files". And also select "merge this folder with the existing one".

There is something you are doing wrong in all this, because the fix I linked to DOES patch the game to the latest version.

Also, make sure to familiarize yourself with your anti-virus program. Simply turning it off may not be enough. You must add those folder locations to the "exclusion list" of your anti-virus software. And you may have to do some research on your own, about that. Good luck.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Dec 2014, 02:03

there wasn't any file to replace.

This is what my the sims 4 folder have (I'm brazilian so most thing are in portuguese, but they don't really have any significance):

problem with the update [SOLVED] The_si10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Dec 2014, 02:19

vbgcpacoca wrote:there wasn't any file to replace.

This is what my the sims 4 folder have (I'm brazilian so most thing are in portuguese, but they don't really have any significance):

problem with the update [SOLVED] The_si10

Hi there! Smile

That screenshot you sent is from the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 location. The Ultimate Fix needs to be copied to Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Are you sure you are copying the folders from the Ultimate Fix to the correct location?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Dec 2014, 19:01

it worked!!

I tried to replace them in the wrong place like you said. Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Dec 2014, 19:14

vbgcpacoca wrote:it worked!!

I tried to replace them in the wrong place like you said. Thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble.

Glad to hear that! You're very welcome. Very Happy

Problem solved, topic closed. Should you need anything else, be sure to come back. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top