Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 (Installing Prerequisite Software?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 (Installing Prerequisite Software?) Empty Sims 4 (Installing Prerequisite Software?)

Post by Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:33

Ok, so I can't even get to the installing portion of the Sims 4. I downloaded it, extracted it, and clicked on the setup and it takes me to a window that says, 'Installing prerequisite software'. Which then opens another window titled 'Microsoft Visual C++...' and then says 'Setup Progress' 'Initializing'. After a bit it says 'Setup Successful'  Then the two windows just sit there and do nothing. I closed the Microsoft Visual window just to see if it would do anything and it popped up and started the setup process all over again. So I apologize if this has been answered previously, but I searched the forums forever and I couldn't find anything that helped me with my problem. I read the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix and I can't find anything to help because I can't even install the game to apply the fix. So if someone could be please help me I would be eternally grateful. 

HelpHelpHelp

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 (Installing Prerequisite Software?) Empty Re: Sims 4 (Installing Prerequisite Software?)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 14 Dec 2014, 21:33

Apenbake wrote:Ok, so I can't even get to the installing portion of the Sims 4. I downloaded it, extracted it, and clicked on the setup and it takes me to a window that says, 'Installing prerequisite software'. Which then opens another window titled 'Microsoft Visual C++...' and then says 'Setup Progress' 'Initializing'. After a bit it says 'Setup Successful'  Then the two windows just sit there and do nothing. I closed the Microsoft Visual window just to see if it would do anything and it popped up and started the setup process all over again. So I apologize if this has been answered previously, but I searched the forums forever and I couldn't find anything that helped me with my problem. I read the Sims 4 Ultimate Fix and I can't find anything to help because I can't even install the game to apply the fix. So if someone could be please help me I would be eternally grateful. 

HelpHelpHelp

Hello and welcome,

I'm so sorry for the late reply, but let's try this: can you go into your System Control Panel and then under the function with which to un-install software ? There, look if the "Visual C++ 2013" stuff shows up. If it does, try un-installing all of these (but only the 2013 ones !).

After that, re-boot the computer. Good luck, and let me know if that worked for you. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 (Installing Prerequisite Software?) Empty Re: Sims 4 (Installing Prerequisite Software?)

Post by Layloria Sun 14 Dec 2014, 21:36

Hello!

Have you tried installing the Prerequisites before the setup? They should be in a folder (don't have installation folder anymore). In your Sims 4 folder extracted, search for x86. This should bring up any prerequisites including x86 in the name. Right click on one and click OPEN FILE LOCATION. This should lead you to where the Prerequisites are.

If you have a 64 bit machine, find the x64 version or install the x86. If you do not know, try installing x64 and if an error pops up saying wrong one then you have an 86/32 bit machine.

Please reply back if you get stuck confused or it doesn't help!
Layloria Like a Star @ heaven
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top