Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues with sims 4 and Mcafee anti-virus software

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issues with sims 4 and Mcafee anti-virus software Empty Issues with sims 4 and Mcafee anti-virus software

Post by Guest Mon 20 Apr 2015, 21:51

Okay...so I hadn't played the sims 4 for about a week or two. When I went to start up the game, a message popped up from Mcafee Anti-virus software saying that they had quarantined a "trojan". When I clicked on it, it had sims 4 labeled as the trojan. That is when I started receiving the "unable to start" error message. So I figured that this was the issue considering it had been working beautifully up until then. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it. I don't know if it matters at all, but I have the cracks for sims 4 outdoor retreat and get to work installed by games4theworlds with a retail copy of the sims 4 deluxe. 

Back to top Go down

Issues with sims 4 and Mcafee anti-virus software Empty Re: Issues with sims 4 and Mcafee anti-virus software

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 15:49

Hi there, @SimCraz3D! Smile

What you need to do is to configure your antivirus so that it ignores the crack files for The Sims 4 and doesn't 'clean' them. Here is a general guide on how to do that:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

After all of that is done, you can re-apply the folders from the Get to Work RAR to the game location, that should put the necessary files back in there. See if that solves your issue. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Issues with sims 4 and Mcafee anti-virus software Empty Re: Issues with sims 4 and Mcafee anti-virus software

Post by Guest Wed 22 Apr 2015, 19:00

Thank you! I checked my mcafee's firewall program exceptions and the sims 4 was already there so I'm not sure about that. I did reapply the crack and now it is working fine, hopefully it will continue to. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top