Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

resource.cfg in res folder/ no mods folder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

resource.cfg in res folder/ no mods folder Empty resource.cfg in res folder/ no mods folder

Post by Guest Sat 13 Dec 2014, 07:06

after installing the sims 4 and launch the game I only have installer,data,game and support folders. There are no Mods or Tray folder created. After that I figure out that my resource.cfg file is located at the res folder. whenever I move the resource.cfg file I cant launch the game. they will said that it is damaged or corrupted. So what should I do to be able to put custom contents on my game?

Back to top Go down

resource.cfg in res folder/ no mods folder Empty Re: resource.cfg in res folder/ no mods folder

Post by Guest Sat 13 Dec 2014, 15:43

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

The problem you are having is that you are looking in the Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder. The Mods folder is located at Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Make sure you look at this folder and see if you can find it in there. And don't move the resource.cfg file from the Res folder. If you do, the game won't work. Leave it there. You'll find a copy of that file in the Mods folder.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top