Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Mods Folder/Resource.cfg File...How??? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Mods Folder/Resource.cfg File...How??? [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 Mods Folder/Resource.cfg File...How??? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 01:11

The Sims 3 plumbob I downloaded the latest version of Sims 4 Fix (with pools), and I still had no Mods folder. I created my own Mods folder, but now how do I place the correct Resource.cfg file in it and where do I get it from? I want to be able to instal CC.....Can anyone help with this? Thanks! Help Help Noob I'm new here.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Mods Folder/Resource.cfg File...How??? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Mods Folder/Resource.cfg File...How??? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 01:20

Hi there! Smile

Are you sure you are looking in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? That's where the Mods folder is supposed to be located.

And have you tried starting the game and then checking if you can find it? Every time the game starts, it runs a check on the Documents folder, replacing the Mods folder if it's missing. Try doing this and please let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Mods Folder/Resource.cfg File...How??? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 Mods Folder/Resource.cfg File...How??? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 01:47

SeoY wrote:Hi there! Smile

Are you sure you are looking in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4? That's where the Mods folder is supposed to be located.

And have you tried starting the game and then checking if you can find it? Every time the game starts, it runs a check on the Documents folder, replacing the Mods folder if it's missing. Try doing this and please let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy
Its working now thanks for your help!! I had to replace the folder! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 16 Nov 2014, 01:57

Danielle81 wrote:Its working now thanks for your help!! I had to replace the folder! Very Happy

I actually mentioned that in my guide too, that you need to start the game at least once, for the Mods-folder to show up. But OK. I added now more emphasis to it, in the guide (in bold red color).

Do you have any other questions or can I close the thread ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 08:30

I've actually had the same problem. I opened the game but it didn't replace the mods file. I made a new one myself but the resource.cfg was never replaced. I reloaded the fix twice, opened Sims, double-checked the mods folder and everything but nothing shows up. Any ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:09

ableman12 wrote:I've actually had the same problem. I opened the game but it didn't replace the mods file. I made a new one myself but the resource.cfg was never replaced. I reloaded the fix twice, opened Sims, double-checked the mods folder and everything but nothing shows up. Any ideas?

Hi there! Smile

Please, make a new topic for your issue. That way we'll be able to keep track of your progress easier. 

We'll be glad to help you after you've created the new topic.

Mod edit: the OP's issue seems solved, and I don't assume she's going to reply back anymore. So I'll go forward and close the thread now.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top