Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Complete Collection with Mac?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection with Mac? Empty Sims 3 Complete Collection with Mac?

Post by Guest Sun 14 Dec 2014, 03:32

Hello, I'm new to torrenting, and I'm wondering if the Sims 3 Complete Collection works with Mac? And if so, how?
Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection with Mac? Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection with Mac?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 14 Dec 2014, 10:42

Hello,

Welcome to Games4theworld. I moved your topic to the Mac section of our forum, here you will find instructions to successfully install the game on your Mac.
Though I am not sure the Mac crack and patch are included with this particular torrent, you can download these here and here. Take care to download the Mac versions of each file.
Good luck, and let us know if you need help.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection with Mac? Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection with Mac?

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 07:00

Thank you! However, I have already downloaded the sims complete collection, but when I looked into it, it seems like it was built for PC! The instructions, everything was for PC. There was no iso file to open, so I can't seem to install it.
Also, every time I click on the "Sims 3 Installer" app in my sims 3 folder, it goes away as soon as I click on it again when it's in the dock. And when I checked the contents, it also had a folder called "Mac OS"

EDIT
I managed to click on the folder "Installer" for each and upload the tgz. file version of them, and the sims 3 installer opened. However, when I tried to keep installing, it just said, [Please insert disc labeled "Sims3"], and the version was (null). The rest of the expansion packs, once their tgz. files were downloaded, were worse- as soon as I extracted them, the installer app was called "output", and whenver I clicked on them, they would appear on the dock and disappear as soon as I clicked on them. Some didn't even wait for me to click on them before disappearing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 04:46

Hi there, the full collection was not meant for Mac. Definitely can though, if you follow the instruction from the mac guide by using the full collection guide.  This is meant for PC, for mac, you have to manually install each expansions. Please refer to the mac guide. Thanks.

Make sure you use Stuffit Expander app to unzip the file!!

edit: I download this file myself and install the program myself, and it works!
Here's my mini guide/tutorial installing the Base Game!

1. After download you MUST open with Stuffit Expander
2. After extracting all the file, make a .dmg file with disk utility
   a. more info how go to here "CLICK HERE" <- scroll down to the bottom
3. Install Sims 3 
   a. serial key inside the "Installation Guide"
4. Download Manual Patch
5. Click on the Manual Patch and it does it for you.
6. Done! You can play the sims 3 base game!

If you want to install the expansion, follow the guide"CLICK HERE" . It is basically the same process I have provided, but you do not need to use the manual patch, instead you need to replace the files from the #Crack Folder to the base game.

!! When you install the EP make sure you INSTALL IN RELEASE ORDER! If you do know you can go here
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-installation-order/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top