Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED] Empty Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 22:38

Hi, so I followed the installation guide and everything, but i'm having an issue with the crack file. instead of replacing what was there, this is happening:

Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED] 1hsopt10

I know I probably did something stupid, but the game won't work. When I try to play it, it says I have installation errors. 
Please help!
Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Dec 2014, 22:59

radsoul wrote:Hi, so I followed the installation guide and everything, but i'm having an issue with the crack file. instead of replacing what was there, this is happening:

Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED] 1hsopt10

I know I probably did something stupid, but the game won't work. When I try to play it, it says I have installation errors. 
Please help!
Thank you Smile

Hello,

Whenever you copy crack-files to a game directory you ALWAYS must choose "copy and replace". This will delete the old file and put the new one in. In your case, you didn't delete the old file.

Try deleting the file with the name SimCity 4 in your screenshot. And then, make a shortcut to the desktop from the simCity 4 (2) file. With this shortcut, you should be able to start the game. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 23:14

Whenever I try to delete it and paste the crack, this happens: 
Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED] Ubpolh10

It doesn't give me the option to copy and replace, only move and replace. And when I try to do that, it says I don't have permission even though I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Dec 2014, 23:18

radsoul wrote:Whenever I try to delete it and paste the crack, this happens: 
Simcity 4 Deluxe. [SOLVED] Ubpolh10

It doesn't give me the option to copy and replace, only move and replace. And when I try to do that, it says I don't have permission even though I do.

Are you familiar with TeamViewer ? If not, read up here:
http://games4theworld.org/contact.html

Then please PM me your TeamViewer ID and password, so that I can have a quick look at that. Smile  I will be here for another while.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 23:34

Thank you for helping me! You fixed my issues Smile Mods may close

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 19 Dec 2014, 23:39

radsoul wrote:Thank you for helping me! You fixed my issues Smile Mods may close

Problem solved via TeamViewer. The original SimCity 4.exe file could not be deleted; a prompt with the words "the file cannot be deleted because it is still open in SimCity 4" showed up, though neither was the game open, nor any other game-related process (checked via task manager). Also, changing the folder permissions according to this guide here did not help either.

I managed to solve the issue by renaming the original SimCity 4.exe, which worked, and then I copied the cracked .exe to the game directory (C:\Program files(x86)\Maxis\SimCity 4\Apps). Now the game works fine. 

Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top