Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DirectX error - COD Modern Warfare 2. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DirectX error - COD Modern Warfare 2. [SOLVED] Empty DirectX error - COD Modern Warfare 2. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 12:16

Just followed the instructions and installed COD: Modern Warfare 2.

Clicked the icon to start the game, but it says "DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error". And I know for sure that my laptop is able to play the game, because I downloaded it once before and played it. Then I had to reformat the laptop because of reasons, and now it doesn't work anymore. I've also updated my drivers. I have the NVIDIA Geforce GT720M and Intel(R)HD Graphics Family. I've also made sure the game runs on the NVIDIA card.

Help is much appreciated! Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

DirectX error - COD Modern Warfare 2. [SOLVED] Empty Re: DirectX error - COD Modern Warfare 2. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Dec 2014, 17:44

galzrul wrote:Just followed the instructions and installed COD: Modern Warfare 2.

Clicked the icon to start the game, but it says "DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error". And I know for sure that my laptop is able to play the game, because I downloaded it once before and played it. Then I had to reformat the laptop because of reasons, and now it doesn't work anymore. I've also updated my drivers. I have the NVIDIA Geforce GT720M and Intel(R)HD Graphics Family. I've also made sure the game runs on the NVIDIA card.

Help is much appreciated! Thank you Smile

Hello galzrul,

I'm not sure if you can get those DirectX-updates via the regular Windows-updates too, but in any case, did you select installing DirectX during the installation ? 

If not, look somewhere inside your download. There should be somewhere a file called "DXSetup.exe" or similar, with which you should be able to install DirectX "afterwards". Good luck and keep us posted !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

DirectX error - COD Modern Warfare 2. [SOLVED] Empty Re: DirectX error - COD Modern Warfare 2. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 26 Dec 2014, 09:02

Yes I made sure I did the DirectX update. Still didn't work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Dec 2014, 22:46

galzrul wrote:Yes I made sure I did the DirectX update. Still didn't work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

And you ALSO made sure to get the latest available Windows updates AND graphics drivers too ? And are you also having issues with other games/software ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Dec 2014, 06:43

Tried installing modern warfare 3 as well, same error occurred and I updated the drivers, directx and window updates. However I installed the Sims 4 before all this and it works.

Sorry I'm such a noob at all this  Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Dec 2014, 23:09

galzrul wrote:Tried installing modern warfare 3 as well, same error occurred and I updated the drivers, directx and window updates. However I installed the Sims 4 before all this and it works.

Sorry I'm such a noob at all this  Oh my...

I'm honestly unsure about what you did or didn't do. But check out this here and see if it can repair your DirectX installation:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Other than that I'm afraid I cannot help your further, sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Dec 2014, 07:40

Yay think I got it! My computer ran on Directx11 and apparently MW2 runs on DirectX9 so I installed that one and made sure I updated all my drivers again. Now it works. Thank you for all your help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Dec 2014, 22:37

galzrul wrote:(...) and apparently MW2 runs on DirectX9 so I installed that one and made sure I updated all my drivers again. Now it works. Thank you for all your help! Smile

I've seen applications that can have several different .exe files, each of which make use of different DirectX versions. Can't remember anymore though if MW2 was such a game too. Been a while since I played that.

Is there any thing else I can help with or can I close the thread ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Dec 2014, 07:04

Just wanted to re-play MW2 haha.

Nope no problems so far other than the laggy-ness which is my problem lol.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 31 Dec 2014, 02:30

galzrul wrote:Just wanted to re-play MW2 haha.

Nope no problems so far other than the laggy-ness which is my problem lol.

Thank you!

Thanks for letting me know. Smile  If you have anything else to ask (or chat) about, feel free to open a new thread at any time. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top