Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cursor not Visible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cursor not Visible Empty Cursor not Visible

Post by Guest Wed 24 Dec 2014, 22:11

Cursor is not visible on the start-up screen. I have downloaded the Ultimate Fix and downloaded all the proper files (including graphics files).

I have tried:
closing all other windows
ending all other processes

I would attempt to play in windowed mode, but without a cursor at all, I can't access any of the options.

Help please?

Back to top Go down

Cursor not Visible Empty Re: Cursor not Visible

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Dec 2014, 04:05

tychomarx wrote:Cursor is not visible on the start-up screen. I have downloaded the Ultimate Fix and downloaded all the proper files (including graphics files).

I have tried:
closing all other windows
ending all other processes

I would attempt to play in windowed mode, but without a cursor at all, I can't access any of the options.

Help please?

Hello tychomarx and welcome,

Sorry for the late reply first of all, but if you want to try the game in "windowed mode", you can go to (My) Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 and open the Options.ini file. Scroll down to the entry fullscreen = 1 and change that to fullscreen = 0. Save the changes and exit the document. When you re-start the game, it should not be in fullscreen anymore.

Also, some people said that the mouse pointer trails can cause issues like that too. In Windows Vista/7, you can go to the Control Panel and then to "Hardware and Sound". Go to "Mouse", then to the "Pointer Options"-tab. There, see if te "Display Pointer trails"-box is marked. If yes, unmark it and save the changes. Windows 8 will have that option too, of course...

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top