Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unable to start: initialization error at startup" AGAIN. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to start: initialization error at startup"  AGAIN. [SOLVED] Empty "Unable to start: initialization error at startup" AGAIN. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 15:29

SO i did everything you wrote here: 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-fix-2

But it still won't open. Game is fully updated, everything is downloaded from G4TW, i followed all the instructions and it still won't open. I removed the mods too but even that doesn't help. How to fix this???

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: initialization error at startup"  AGAIN. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Unable to start: initialization error at startup" AGAIN. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Jan 2015, 05:57

simmer123 wrote:SO i did everything you wrote here: 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-fix-2

But it still won't open. Game is fully updated, everything is downloaded from G4TW, i followed all the instructions and it still won't open. I removed the mods too but even that doesn't help. How to fix this???

Hello simmer123,

For now, you could also add the download location of your internet browser stuff (Chrome/Firefox) to the exclusions of your anti-virus. And then you re-download and re-apply the fix.

Beyond that, experience usually shows that some sort of mistake was made. What anti-virus program do you have by the way ? Some of the things I described (the part of the anti-virus), may be different, if you have another program then me.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: initialization error at startup"  AGAIN. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Unable to start: initialization error at startup" AGAIN. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jan 2015, 21:43

I have AVG and i've added it's location folder and subfolders to the exclusion list and my antivirus is not detecting your fix and the whole game as a virus st all, so it's not blocking it. The thing is, my game worked when i first downloaded the latest update and applied it to the game, but suddently it started showing "Unable to start initialization error at startup". I scanned it via AVG and it's not showing it as a virus so i don't know how to fix it now. I tried the thing you wrote and it still doesn't work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 28 Jan 2015, 21:22

simmer123 wrote:I have AVG and i've added it's location folder and subfolders to the exclusion list and my antivirus is not detecting your fix and the whole game as a virus st all, so it's not blocking it. The thing is, my game worked when i first downloaded the latest update and applied it to the game, but suddently it started showing "Unable to start initialization error at startup". I scanned it via AVG and it's not showing it as a virus so i don't know how to fix it now. I tried the thing you wrote and it still doesn't work WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Sorry for the late reply, but do you have any other "security"-software too ? If yes, did you configure them ? And again: you MUST also add the download location for your internet browser stuff to the exclusions: that means: the folder where all the stuff you download via Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer is saved.

And after you did that, you should also re-download the fix, and re-apply it. Please take another close look at your system, as there aren't really many other explanations left.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 22:10

Sorry for late respond, the weirdest thing just happended to me. The game works only with Origin logged on, but Outdoor retreet won't show even though i updated the game. (holiday DLC did show which was weird) . And when i logged out of Origin, the game didn't start and a different thing showed up  https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/19/11/52/29/origin11.jpg 

i know i annoy you but help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 16:16

simmer123 wrote:Sorry for late respond, the weirdest thing just happended to me. The game works only with Origin logged on, but Outdoor retreet won't show even though i updated the game. (holiday DLC did show which was weird) . And when i logged out of Origin, the game didn't start and a different thing showed up  https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/19/11/52/29/origin11.jpg 

i know i annoy you but help

http://games4theworld.org/contact.html

Read the part about "TeamViewer" there, and if you agree on that, do make sure to catch me on the chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page !), when you see me online there. I'm most active there on weekends (Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays). I will then try and fix the issue via TeamViewer for you. "Unable to start: initialization error at startup"  AGAIN. [SOLVED] Icon_smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Feb 2015, 15:00

BTW i fixed the issue, i reinstalled the game and aplied the latest fix and everything worked the first time i played it, but when i shut down game and wanted to play it again, the same damn message appeared. I logged in Origin then and the game worked with no DLC ofc. Do you know any way how i can play game with Origin disabled?? I have put everything in the exclusion folder for antivirus and followed every instruction u wrote Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:07

simmer123 wrote:BTW i fixed the issue, i reinstalled the game and aplied the latest fix and everything worked the first time i played it, but when i shut down game and wanted to play it again, the same damn message appeared. I logged in Origin then and the game worked with no DLC ofc. Do you know any way how i can play game with Origin disabled?? I have put everything in the exclusion folder for antivirus and followed every instruction u wrote Sad

There is no point for me in going through each and every detail (again), since there's a lot of things that can cause the issue. Again, your best chance is to catch me on the forum's chtabox (usually on weekends though), and then we will see further. Smile 

Many people say "they did everything", but when I look into TeamViewer, they usually did not configure their anti-virus programs correctly. I don't want to say that you also did that (certainly not !), but it shows that this is a very complex issue, and lots of people are having problems with understanding the "message" of my guide.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 21:42

Nevermind, i solved the problem, the game worked when i played it from the Bin folder. Anyway, thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 19:18

simmer123 wrote:Nevermind, i solved the problem, the game worked when i played it from the Bin folder. Anyway, thank you

Interesting to know, thanks for lettimg me know. If you ever need anything else, feel free to open a new thread, or PM me, so that I can unlock this topic here. 

Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top