Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe to delete expansion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Safe to delete expansion? Empty Safe to delete expansion?

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan 2015, 18:13

Hello,
since a few weeks I've been playing The Sims 3 thanks to games4theworld. When I installed the game, I installed an expansion along with it - I'm not sure if this is necessary in order to install the base game, but that's how I understood it, because of having to apply the crack. Basically I just downloaded a random expansion, not realizing that I might have wanted to choose one more carefully because I don't have that much available hard drive space and I'd like to install more expansions but I need more space. The first expansion I installed I actually don't really like and I want to delete it, but I wanted to check if this is safe - because it is the one that I installed along with the base game and that got the base game to work. I have installed another expansion since; and when installing it applied the crack again, so I think it should be safe to delete the first expansion but I wanted to check nonetheless. I'm sorry if this has already been asked and I missed it or if this is a stupid question but I'm scared my entire game might stop working if I delete the first expansion!

Back to top Go down

Safe to delete expansion? Empty Re: Safe to delete expansion?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 24 Jan 2015, 14:55

joanne94 wrote:Hello,
since a few weeks I've been playing The Sims 3 thanks to games4theworld. When I installed the game, I installed an expansion along with it - I'm not sure if this is necessary in order to install the base game, but that's how I understood it, because of having to apply the crack. Basically I just downloaded a random expansion, not realizing that I might have wanted to choose one more carefully because I don't have that much available hard drive space and I'd like to install more expansions but I need more space. The first expansion I installed I actually don't really like and I want to delete it, but I wanted to check if this is safe - because it is the one that I installed along with the base game and that got the base game to work. I have installed another expansion since; and when installing it applied the crack again, so I think it should be safe to delete the first expansion but I wanted to check nonetheless. I'm sorry if this has already been asked and I missed it or if this is a stupid question but I'm scared my entire game might stop working if I delete the first expansion!

Hello joanne and welcome to the forum,

For that purpose, I recommend you use a special program, instead of the built-in Windows function of un-installing programs. Smile  Games4TheWorld also has such a program, it's called "Your Un-Installer Pro", and you can get it from this site:

http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Install instructions are included. Once you open the program, double-click on the expansion you want to delete, in the main window of the program where all your software/games show up. In the next window, choose "Super Mode", and follow the on-screen instructions until the end. When you're done, re-boot the computer.

And now, I would actually recommend you re-apply the latest manual patch and then the Ultimate fix too. After that, you can play on again. Smile  Good luck !

In general, you should try and free up as much space a you can too, on your hard-drive.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jan 2015, 15:55

Thank you very much for your help, I'm going to try that!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Jan 2015, 18:12

joanne94 wrote:Thank you very much for your help, I'm going to try that!

Sure, please keep me posted on that ! Smile  However, if you can arrange it somehow, avoid un-installing things in Windows OS, as things can go seriously wrong, if an error is made. If you happen to have a second hard-drive, you can either hook it up internally (via the SATA cable, and a connection to the power supply of course), or externally via USB. An "internal" hook up would be better, because SATA is much "faster" than USB. Of course, if that is possible for you, and if you know how to do all of that.

You could then install the other expansions on the other hard-drive, without necessarily un-installing the old ones.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top