Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Start?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Start? Empty Unable to Start?

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 23:50

Unable to Start? <a href=Unable to Start? Captur11" />

This pops up when I try to load my game it worked before, now it doesn't want to work after I downloaded "The Sims 4 Fiix" Please help me, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start? Empty Re: Unable to Start?

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 06:10

Hi there, @camillelove103, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

So, the game was working fine before? And you got this error after applying the latest Ultimate Fix?

Did you make sure to add the install location of the game to the Exceptions List of your antivirus, as per the Installation Guide inside the Ultimate Fix?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 14:28

Yes, I did that and it still didn't work. It tells me try "uninstalling Sims 4" but if I do that I will loose everything Sad and thank you for the warm welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 18:03

camillelove103 wrote:Yes, I did that and it still didn't work. It tells me try "uninstalling Sims 4" but if I do that I will loose everything Sad and thank you for the warm welcome.

Don't worry, if it really comes down to having to uninstall the game, then you can backup your Saves and content. If you go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, you'll find several folders in there. In the saves folder you'll find all of the Saves you have, in the Tray folder there will be all the content that you may have downloaded from the Gallery, and in the Mods folders there's the Mods you have installed. If you backup these folders, then you can safely reinstall the game and you won't lose any progress.

Did this error start appearing after you downloaded the latest Ultimate Fix, including the Outdoor Retreat and Holiday Celebration Packs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 19:01

SeoY wrote:
camillelove103 wrote:Yes, I did that and it still didn't work. It tells me try "uninstalling Sims 4" but if I do that I will loose everything Sad and thank you for the warm welcome.

Don't worry, if it really comes down to having to uninstall the game, then you can backup your Saves and content. If you go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, you'll find several folders in there. In the saves folder you'll find all of the Saves you have, in the Tray folder there will be all the content that you may have downloaded from the Gallery, and in the Mods folders there's the Mods you have installed. If you backup these folders, then you can safely reinstall the game and you won't lose any progress.

Did this error start appearing after you downloaded the latest Ultimate Fix, including the Outdoor Retreat and Holiday Celebration Packs?
Yes all this occurred after I installed the Outdoor retreat thing, all I wanted was the pools! Sad

//EDIT

This also comes up.Unable to Start? Captur12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 20:31

camillelove103 wrote:Yes all this occurred after I installed the Outdoor retreat thing, all I wanted was the pools! Sad

//EDIT

I see. You should try re-downloading and re-applying the Ultimate Fix. You can get it from here again:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix
Follow the part about adding the install location to your antivirus' Exceptions List very carefully. It's a good idea to also add the location where you will download and extract the Ultimate Fix to this list, so that the antivirus doesn't delete important files from in there.

Another thing you can try is navigating to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and copying this folder somewhere else. The Desktop should be just fine, or another folder of your choice. Then, delete (or rename) the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder, so that when you restart the game a new one will be created. See if you get the same error then.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:54

Ok, I'm going to try it now, thank you!

//EDIT

Still nothing @SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 19:57

camillelove103 wrote:
SeoY wrote:

Yes all this occurred after I installed the Outdoor retreat thing, all I wanted was the pools! Sad

//EDIT

same problem and I cracked the game with fix but nothing changed
and am little like you because when I installed the outdoor retreat I get this error
but for me I tried to use the sims 4 time trial for getting the game to work because I was getting
Unable to Start? Captur11
and now this
Unable to Start? 2015-012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 23:41

camillelove103 wrote:Ok, I'm going to try it now, thank you!

//EDIT

Still nothing @SeoY

Hi again! Very Happy

So, what exactly did you do? And which of the two errors did you get this time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 16:13

hey man I found a solution to this 
you can try this
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/
but you will get this message
and if you get this message you need to install the sims 4 trial time if you already have it you can do it but if it's allready used so you can't do that 
and when it starts to download pause it and after copy your game from your current folder to your origin games folder you will see sims 4 folder put all contents in it
and after continue downloading the time trial version it will get up to 88% I guess and when it complete choose to repair it by clicking in the right mouse and select repair game
when it repairs it close origin and recopy your game to another folder or to your previous folder and crack it with the new ultimate fix with the packs and it should work without problems
am not an admin or moderator but when I did it it worked I hope it will work for you too and if it works you can uninstall the time trial version without any problem because origin install it
and when the ultimate fix gets updated I guess this errors will not show up again

Last edited by Aymen1234 on Fri 06 Feb 2015, 21:14; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Solution for who have the "unable to start of contents" problem)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Feb 2015, 20:49

Aymen1234 wrote:hey man I found a solution to this 

(...)

Thank you for the input, but as I said in your other thread, please note that the tutorial I wrote here is mainly meant for those who pirated the game.

The "fix" that you posted will only work if you have a legit game, on Origin (or a trial version).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 21:00

Carlos wrote:
Aymen1234 wrote:hey man I found a solution to this 

(...)

Thank you for the input, but as I said in your other thread, please note that the tutorial I wrote here is mainly meant for those who pirated the game.

The "fix" that you posted will only work if you have a legit game, on Origin (or a trial version).
yes that is what I meant it's for legit game or trial version and I think it doesn't work for who don't have one of these
but at least this tutorial is for who have it and I hope it will works like it did for me and note that am using windows 8.1 pro
but I have a question did ea removed the trial version of the sims 4 ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Feb 2015, 21:38

Aymen1234 wrote:yes that is what I meant it's for legit game or trial version and I think it doesn't work for who don't have one of these
but at least this tutorial is for who have it and I hope it will works like it did for me and note that am using windows 8.1 pro

Hi again! Smile

Yes, the trial for The Sims 4 (they call it Game Time) was just for a week, if I recall correctly. It started in January 22 and was removed at the beginning of February, a week ago. But if you added the trial before it was removed, then you can still use it, it won't be removed from your Library. I assume it will be removed after the 48 hours end, though.

Sorry, but we're running a little bit off-topic here now. This topic is to help @camillelove103 with her problem. So, if you want to talk a little bit more about this matter, then please create a new topic in the The Sims 4 chit-chat Forum. Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Feb 2015, 06:46

SeoY wrote:
Aymen1234 wrote:yes that is what I meant it's for legit game or trial version and I think it doesn't work for who don't have one of these

Hi again! Smile

Yes, the trial for The Sims 4 (they call it Game Time) was just for a week, if I recall correctly. It started in January 22 and was removed at the beginning of February, a week ago. But if you added the trial before it was removed, then you can still use it, it won't be removed from your Library. I assume it will be removed after the 48 hours end, though.

Sorry, but we're running a little bit off-topic here now. This topic is to help @camillelove103 with her problem. So, if you want to talk a little bit more about this matter, then please create a new topic in the The Sims 4 chit-chat Forum. Thanks in advance!
ok and sorry for running off this topic but if @camillelove103 have a game time version or legit version she can do this little fix
and for this 
I think re-installing it is the solution and if you don't want to loose saves make a backup for your documents folder
and if this pops up again
Unable to Start? Captur12

do the tutorial if you have a legit version or time trial and if you don't have it you can use this
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

and if you want your saves copy the saves folder and mods only in your new sims 4 folder in document and you can delete the older one because it contains a newer files from a newer version of the game it's only saves and mods folders that can be placed I think

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Feb 2015, 16:00

camillelove103 wrote:Still nothing @SeoY

Did you already have a look at this here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-2-2015

After doing all these things, please re-download the Ultimate fix, and re-apply it. Good luck again ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 14:42

Ok, I have tried everything and nothing has worked. I think I am going to throw in the towel @Carlos and @SeoY but thank you so much for the help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top