Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Living: Crashes at start-up? ("Unable to start: Initialization error at start up."). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City Living: Crashes at start-up? ("Unable to start: Initialization error at start up."). [SOLVED] Empty City Living: Crashes at start-up? ("Unable to start: Initialization error at start up."). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 03 Jan 2017, 21:40

Hey Games4TheWorld!

Thank you sooo much for working so hard on these forums and helping people out. And a very happy new year!
I was happy to find out you have a City Living torrent available, so I decided to download it today. Very eager to play this one! Unfortunately I keep getting the same error message after starting up the game:

Unable to start:
Initialization error at start up.
[135dec40:0dcf92:000000066:000000000]

Everytime I try to start the game, it loads past the EA Games, Maxis and Sims 4 logos. After that it shuts down and shows the error message above.

Things I've already tried the following things by reading the other topics:

• Run the game as administrator
  • Emptying my Tray / Mods folder
  • Moving the The Sims 4 folder directly under the Program Files folder
  • Trying the 32-bit version under Program Files (x86)
  • Trying the 64-bit version by copying my entire The Sims 4 folder under the usual Program Files - then I get the error message: "This program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
  • I have no anti-virus program to add Sims 4 to exception list to
  • I don't have Origin installed and I'm very sure it isn't running in the background
  • Rebooting my computer after installing City Living
  • Unpack everything using WinRAR

The game worked when I had installed the latest Ultimate Fix back in december, before City Living was released and installed. My computer runs Windows 7 and I have the complete expansion-, game- and stuffpack collection from Sims 4 installed from G4TW as well.

Hope someone can help me out with this one, would appreciate it! Razz

Back to top Go down

City Living: Crashes at start-up? ("Unable to start: Initialization error at start up."). [SOLVED] Empty Re: City Living: Crashes at start-up? ("Unable to start: Initialization error at start up."). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jan 2017, 12:30

Okay, the one guide I missed helped me out!: Error guide

I worked around the security issue in Windows 7. Thanks Carlos!

Back to top Go down

City Living: Crashes at start-up? ("Unable to start: Initialization error at start up."). [SOLVED] Empty Re: City Living: Crashes at start-up? ("Unable to start: Initialization error at start up."). [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 04 Jan 2017, 15:26

Good to hear you fixed the problem,!
Don't hesitate to post again if you run into problems.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1  topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top