Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerISO Files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PowerISO Files? Empty PowerISO Files?

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 22:59

Hi, I can't find the PowerISO files that have have been shown in the tutorial for installing the game in part 1. Noob I'm new here.

Any help?

Back to top Go down

PowerISO Files? Empty Re: PowerISO Files?

Post by Guest Tue 03 Feb 2015, 23:43

Hi there, @BrandonJW97, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Did you download the Complete Collection of The Sims 3 or the base game on it's own? Because, if I'm not mistaken, in the Complete Collection there isn't .iso files anymore, making the video to install the base game outdated. You just have to double click the Setup inside the base game folder and continue the installation normally.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 00:32

@Seoy Ah yeah, it was the Complete edition WhatDidUJustCallMe? Thanks for the help.

Also on the Complete edition installation guide, it tells you to copy a file called TS3.EXE, but that file is not there but there is a file called TS3W. Should I just copy and paste that file and remove the TS3 file from the installed game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 00:41

BrandonJW97 wrote:@Seoy Ah yeah, it was the Complete edition WhatDidUJustCallMe? Thanks for the help.

Also on the Complete edition installation guide, it tells you to copy a file called TS3.EXE, but that file is not there but there is a file called TS3W. Should I just copy and paste that file and remove the TS3 file from the installed game?

Also keep in mind this guide here for installing The Sims 3:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

But yeah, you need to copy the TS3W.exe to the location specified. Don't remove the TS3.exe, though! Just follow the instructions, and copy the files necessary. If it doesn't say anything about removing anything then there's no need to do it. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:13

@SeoY Okay thank you, (Sorry to keep bothering you), but when I launch the game, it asks for the registration code and when I enter the code that is in the installation guide and click done, it disappears for about a second and then pops up again...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:17

BrandonJW97 wrote:@SeoY Okay thank you, (Sorry to keep bothering you), but when I launch the game, it asks for the registration code and when I enter the code that is in the installation guide and click done, it disappears for about a second and then pops up again...

Don't worry, you aren't bothering anyone! We are here to help, after all. Smile

Did you only install the base game? Try installing another Expansion Pack, whichever you want (you just need one, it can even be a Stuff Pack). Then, apply the Manual Patch and the Ultimate Fix according to the guide I linked you earlier. See if the game works fine then. Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:22

@SeoY Yeah I've installed the base game and when I try to install an expansion pack after running the set up, it tells me I need to update The Sims. Do I need to do Step 2 of the guide on this page?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:33

BrandonJW97 wrote:@SeoY Yeah I've installed the base game and when I try to install an expansion pack after running the set up, it tells me I need to update The Sims. Do I need to do Step 2 of the guide on this page?

Yeah, do the Step 2 of the guide before you follow with the Step 3, that is installing the Expansion/Stuff Pack. After that, download the Ultimate Fix from the Step 4 and follow the instructions of the Step 5 to apply it. The game should work fine then. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:36

@SeoY Okay, and where do I save the file? or do I just run it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:54

BrandonJW97 wrote:@SeoY Okay, and where do I save the file? or do I just run it?

You mean the Manual Patch? I think it was already included in the Complete Collection, but you can save it wherever you want. You just need to run it to update the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 01:58

@SeoY Okay thank you, I'm not gonna do it now, it's getting late here. I'll let you know if I get anymore problems. Thanks again, you've been a big help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 02:00

BrandonJW97 wrote:@SeoY Okay thank you, I'm not gonna do it now, it's getting late here. I'll let you know if I get anymore problems. Thanks again, you've been a big help Very Happy

Don't worry, take your time! Just update us whenever you have the time, or if you encounter any problems.

And you're very welcome! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 17:03

BrandonJW97 wrote:Hi, I can't find the PowerISO files that have have been shown in the tutorial for installing the game in part 1. Noob I'm new here.

Any help?

Even though the topic seems solved: the .ISO and .RAR file formats are just ways of organizing (and compressing) data. If you want a real-life analogy, you could say that the actual game data is the "content" and the .ISO or .RAR in which the content is in, can be called the "packaging".

With .RAR files, you'll need to extract the content (with the program WinRAR) into an empty folder in order to efficiently use it. With .ISO files, you could do the same theoretically, but it's easier to use specialized programs for that, which will alolow you to "read" .ISO files directly, like PowerISO, Daemon tools, etc...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 22:35

@SeoY So i installed and run the update and then I installed an expansion pack, and when I try to run the game this time I get an error saying

"No game disc found, please insert The Sims 3 70, 80 & 90's stuff game disc before proceeding"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 22:50

BrandonJW97 wrote:@SeoY So i installed and run the update and then I installed an expansion pack, and when I try to run the game this time I get an error saying

"No game disc found, please insert The Sims 3 70, 80 & 90's stuff game disc before proceeding"

Hi again! Smile

So, did you actually apply the Ultimate Fix afterwards? That's the important part, as it has the files to bypass the disc authentication. Please, follow the Steps 4 and 5 of this guide here:

And let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 22:58

@SeoY yeah, I just remembered after I made the post that I forgot to do that  Why.. Working on it now.

//EDIT

@SeoY okay I followed the steps and I got the game working, thank's alot for your help PowerISO Files? Icon_biggrin

one last question, can you install mod's to the game. If so is there anyway you have to do it or do you just do it how you normally would?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 01:41

BrandonJW97 wrote:@SeoY yeah, I just remembered after I made the post that I forgot to do that  Why.. Working on it now.

//EDIT

@SeoY okay I followed the steps and I got the game working, thank's alot for your help PowerISO Files? Icon_biggrin

one last question, can you install mod's to the game. If so is there anyway you have to do it or do you just do it how you normally would?

Glad to hear that the game is working now! Very Happy

Yes, you can add Mods to the game. Although I'm not sure what you mean by doing it 'normally'. You can find a guide on how to install .package files (the format of most Mods) here:
http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

Just download the Framework (the link is included in the guide), and extract it according to the instructions.
You can keep us updated if you wish, or just let us know if everything is fine now so we can close the topic. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top