Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to use a downloaded version of 'Island Paradise' with a legitimate Sims install on Origin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Is it possible to use a downloaded version of 'Island Paradise' with a legitimate Sims install on Origin? Empty Is it possible to use a downloaded version of 'Island Paradise' with a legitimate Sims install on Origin?

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 00:09

As the title says. I tried installing it to the Origin folder, then put the updated crack in the legitimate Sims 3 base folder, but when I click the shortcut to launch Island Paradise the only thing that happens is Origin opens.

Is it possible, and how do I go about it?

Back to top Go down

silent install - Is it possible to use a downloaded version of 'Island Paradise' with a legitimate Sims install on Origin? Empty Re: Is it possible to use a downloaded version of 'Island Paradise' with a legitimate Sims install on Origin?

Post by Guest Wed 18 Feb 2015, 02:32

Hi there, @tryitforthecraic, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

Yes, it can be done. The only thing you need to do is follow these instructions here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

The most likely problem is that you installed Island Paradise to the Origin folder. That's a bad idea, and there's really not any reason to do it. Just install it normally to the Electronic Arts folder, the default location. So, uninstall it and re-install it afterwards. It's recommended that you uninstall it using a tool like Your Uninstaller! Pro, that you can find in our downloads website here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

It will assure that there's no leftover registry keys pointing to the location at the Origin folder, possibly causing errors. So, install the program, and uninstall Island Paradise using "Super Mode" when asked. Then, restart your PC, and install Island Paradise (to the default location) following the guide above.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top