Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot) Empty Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot)

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 15:37

Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot) Sims10

There is the screenshot, what happens: it goes to update and then gives me this error. (see screenshot) the thing I think it MIGHT be is the instructions say to open "ep09setup" and I only have "EP10setup"...what folder is ep09setup in, or is this not the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot) Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot)

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 15:42

No, that is a mistake in the text file. You should be opening EP10Setup...
Now what is the current version of your game?

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot) Empty Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot)

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 16:32

Sims 3 Island Paradise won't update/install (screenshot) Sims3_11

tried to update but it wouldnt update...at the last minute it said "error invalid file found"

you can see the version here...

//EDIT

help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 17:58

I'm having the same problem over here :/

Edit: You have to download the 1.55 patch to update the game before trying to install Island Paradise! :Dit will work after that ^^
I don't remember where did I download it :s so I don't have the link, but I know that is somewhere on this topic: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t12265-the-sims-3-island-paradise-out-now-download-link?highlight=1+55+patch+download

Last edited by Belzebu on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 18:24

I am installing the Sims 3 Island Paradise now, I hope it will end up okay, but what I did to get past the error is that I extracted all the files into one folder, went into Support > Updates and double-clicked on the update so it updates manually. Worked. If it still shows you an error, I'd suggest you apply the Ultimate Fix and then try to update. Good luck! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Jun 2013, 22:03

got the superpatch here

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-55-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

thanks so much to all for help, working now...hopefully no crash bugs later! case closed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 01:43

andaskindafierce wrote:I am installing the Sims 3 Island Paradise now, I hope it will end up okay, but what I did to get past the error is that I extracted all the files into one folder, went into Support > Updates and double-clicked on the update so it updates manually. Worked. If it still shows you an error, I'd suggest you apply the Ultimate Fix and then try to update. Good luck! x

This fix worked perfectly for me. After I used it I got the "You need a disc" error, but then I realized I hadn't cracked it! Hah. My bad. Thanks so much for the help!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 06:16

I really do not understand what is meant by "but what I did to get past the error is that I extracted all the files into one folder, went into Support > Updates and double-clicked on the update so it updates manually". Could someone please explain in detail how I can try this? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 13:40

Thatgirlx wrote:I really do not understand what is meant by "but what I did to get past the error is that I extracted all the files into one folder, went into Support > Updates and double-clicked on the update so it updates manually". Could someone please explain in detail how I can try this? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sorry that I wrote it so confusing. English is not my first language. Basically, when you download the Sims 3 Island Paradise, you have a .rar file. Just extract it to a folder on Desktop or wherever you wish to have all the files in one place. When you extract all the files, go to that folder with the extracted files and you should see a Support folder in which there is also an Updates folder. Open it up. Open up the update file. The update should install. If it does, then run the EP10Setup installation. Should be working just fine. It did for me. I am playing the game now.
If it still doesn't update, try applying the ultimate fix, then update and then run the EP10 Setup file. 
If it still goes wrong, post it here. 
Let me know if it helps x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Jun 2013, 15:38

Thank you for all the explanation! I think that my browser was the issue. I tried downloading the super patch with Google Chrome and it worked. It hadn't worked with Firefox. I don't have the expansion yet but the update is done. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top