Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8 Types of Sims Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8 Types of Sims Players Empty 8 Types of Sims Players

Post by Sim Architect Mon 23 Feb 2015, 19:46

I could not let the article below pass by me without sharing it with you (link to the original in the end)...

8 Types of Sims Players C0bbb8c7c8a31de8cdbc743264e4945c-the-7-types-of-sims-players
There is a clear temptation when you begin playing The Sims to simply make yourself and recreate the world around you. After all, you know yourself, but wouldn't it be great to see how a virtual version of you would react to a world where you're your own god? You can make yourself, your one bedroom apartment, and see how Virtual You compares to Real You. Can Virtual You get a job in politics by babbling in front of a mirror and telling gibberish jokes to random passers-by? Because that didn't work out so well for Real You.

8 Types of Sims Players C73fca1c09f710e5eb3124b89927cef2-the-7-types-of-sims-players
Listen: if you're playing The Sims, your life isn't really that great. Instead of being a wealthy social butterfly entrepreneur, jet-setting to various tropical beaches on your fleet of private jets, you're hunched in front of a glowing rectangle, playing god to some pixels. But what if you could have that incredible tropical island life without having to do any of the work to get there? With The Sims, you finally can! Type in that one quote from Citizen Kane a few times, and suddenly you're wealthy beyond all comprehension. Also, you're always wearing a tuxedo instead of stained sweatpants, that girl you're too awkward to ever approach is in love with you, and you've somehow gone from Sports Mascot to Professional Athlete in a few days. Now if only you could get naked without your genitals pixelating immediately.

8 Types of Sims Players F345c623eeb444a708f80f66ba63661c-the-7-types-of-sims-players

There are a few games that absolutely confirm that we are all horrible monsters who totally lack empathy: Grand Theft Auto, any Bethesda release, and - most importantly - The Sims. While we engage in needless acts of violence in all these games, The Sims is the only one where treating characters with cruelty isn't rewarded in any way. Yet putting your Sims into a pool and removing the ladders so that they'll drown is such a widespread phenomenon that it's a full-fledged meme. There are few that would be able to say with an honest conscience that they've never boxed their Sims in a wall until they've starved to death. It probably has something to do with your god-like status as world creator and distributor of free will - absolute power corrupts absolutely. Although sometimes you just have to kill your subjects, because - c'mon - it's so annoying that they're constantly pissing themselves.

8 Types of Sims Players 5893a37ed28e4391f5e88dc66130d24b-the-7-types-of-sims-players

There's more fanfiction on the internet than traces of grain alcohol in Amanda Bynes bloodstream. Untold numbers of people devote countless hours of their lives to writing scenarios where Professor Snape makes out with Gandalf while Luke Skywalker does unspeakable things to a Tribble. But that's hard - writing takes a lot of time and (unless you want to spend a lot of time animating your horrible sexual fiction) the result will only be able to be seen in your imagination. Well, with the Sims you can have Saul Tigh fall hopelessly in love with Sherlock Holmes, and any other number of weird combinations that will all end in WooHoo's and heartbreak when they all die in an unexpected mac 'n cheese fire.

8 Types of Sims Players 146b8bfa335c6b2a578fbd2a4ca448d8-the-7-types-of-sims-players
You just want money and see how big of a ridiculous house you can build for yourself. Cover the ground with hot tubs, leather couches, and flat screen TVs, order pizza for every meal, and put in a swimming pool with ladders! Hell, you even have money to put up wallpaper.

8 Types of Sims Players 2b7b0f1384f3ee0727bdf61d016bcfc1-the-7-types-of-sims-players

You want to play The Sims, but you don't want to have to watch these sub-human morons like a hawk and dictate their every task just so they can barely survive. So - turn on free will and watch your Sims perish or prosper without intervening. I mean, really, the only possibility is perish, since these stupid drones can't figure out how to get past a plate in the hallway without some guidance most of the time, but you never know.

8 Types of Sims Players 71f838673dc27a1fc1774b9b29c71fe5-the-7-types-of-sims-players
Really, the Sims themselves are the most irritating part of the game. They're always whining, demanding that you pay attention to their needs of showering or going to the bathroom or eating food. This wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so horribly inept at doing anything and just generally helpless. But building insane, majestic homes and buildings - that's all within your absolute control, and buildings never moan about anything. You can finally build the home of your dreams - too bad the only people that can live in it are a bunch of ungrateful polygons.

8 Types of Sims Players 4dd1198b659ce56e6d20e88bdb0d351e-the-7-types-of-sims-players

Just kidding, no one actually plays this way.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Copied from http://www.dorkly.com/post/52297/the-8-types-of-sims-players
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

8 Types of Sims Players Empty Re: 8 Types of Sims Players

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 00:17

this is exactly what happened ... the poor poor bastards Oh my...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 03:30

Honestly I don't fit anywhere on this since I have a set of characters I tend to use when I play games and have them doing stuff that fits the personalities that I have given then a few years ago that have evolved as the years gone by. Honestly none of them are into the whole be rich and have a large mansion with 5 girlfriends. I don't really build all that often either. so yeah not one of these fits me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 16:53

9. The kind that still tries to get the game to work correctly even though he knows it's futile.

Where do I fit in? Use your imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Oct 2015, 22:17

This list seems so angry xo As for where I fit in, I think they'd have to make a #9 to the list for Barbie players. My favorite feature is literally just dressing them up, I spend most of my time downloading new custom content and making fits for my little sims. After dressing them I go on to pretty much treat them as my own kids as far as putting them through school and trying to make them successful at their jobs. It's all so fun! 

The Sims is literally an amazing game and I honestly plan to purchase it one day (when I have the finances to do so) purely to support the developers for all their hard work and effort in making it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top