Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gallery problem. [SOLVED] Empty Gallery problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2015, 13:13

So, I have no problem connecting to the gallery (I followed your instructions regarding that matter).
My problem is that I receive this message "The Sims 4 has stopped working" after being connected to the gallery for 5 minutes.
Does this happen with anyone else? Dou you guys know how I can fix this? Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Gallery problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Gallery problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2015, 22:51

Jo M.C. wrote:So, I have no problem connecting to the gallery (I followed your instructions regarding that matter).
My problem is that I receive this message "The Sims 4 has stopped working" after being connected to the gallery for 5 minutes.
Does this happen with anyone else? Dou you guys know how I can fix this? Thank you!

Hello again,

Is that crash really "re-producable" ? So, if you try over and over again, does it really crash all the time ? 

And are you using Windows 7 ? If so, open the start menu, and in the search mask "search for programs" type in cmd. After that, the cmd-logo should show up at the top of the start menu. Right-click on the logo and choose "run as Administrator".

Now, in the window that comes up, you type in the following:

bcdedit.exe/set nx AlwaysOff

Type it exactly that way; and then hit enter again. You should get a "success" message. If you do, please re-boot the computer. And then re-start the game. See if anything improved in the game. Good luck and let me know your result ! Gallery problem. [SOLVED] Icon_smile  

Look at that example screenshot, of how I did it:

Gallery problem. [SOLVED] Dep_111

I mistyped it on the first try, but look at the second attempt - this one is the correct way. Smile  Good luck !

P.S. note that this will NOT work (that way) on Windows 8 or Windows XP...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 21:42

Yes, it crashes again and again. I'm using Windows 7. I'm going to try using your solution and I'll let you know how it went! Thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Mar 2015, 22:09

Jo M.C. wrote:Yes, it crashes again and again. I'm using Windows 7. I'm going to try using your solution and I'll let you know how it went! Thank you! Smile

Take your time. Smile  And again: after you typed in the command successfully, make sure to re-boot the computer, for the changes to take effect. After that, play on...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 13:20

Thank you so much! It really worked! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 11 Mar 2015, 00:10

Jo M.C. wrote:Thank you so much! It really worked! Very Happy

Sorry for the slightly belated reply,

But good to hear that ! Smile  This "Data Execution Prevention" is meant as a security-feature in many modern computer operating systems, but in the end (or at least in Windows) it's more of a nuisance than a blessing. Rolling Eyes  It is particularly "noticeable" when you use lots of cracked games or software. And you're also lucky that you're using Windows 7, because if you used Windows 8, you could not easily do that same procedure...

By typing in this command, you have now completely disabled the DEP on your system. Smile 

If you ever have any other problems or questions, feel free to open a new thread. Have fun ! Topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top