Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update Help: Question On First Step? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update Help: Question On First Step? [SOLVED] Empty Update Help: Question On First Step? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2015, 21:53

Dang, its been a while since I've been on here Razz

Okay so the first step to updating this game says that you have to add TS4 to the exceptions list. thing is i don't really know what antivirus I have installed on this computer (windows 8 ) and i really want the swimming pools in my game play. Can someone help me somehow?

Thanks in advance!

EDT: Do i use Windows Defender?

Back to top Go down

Update Help: Question On First Step? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Update Help: Question On First Step? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2015, 22:45

HelloLove98 wrote:Dang, its been a while since I've been on here Razz

Okay so the first step to updating this game says that you have to add TS4 to the exceptions list. thing is i don't really know what antivirus I have installed on this computer (windows 8 ) and i really want the swimming pools in my game play. Can someone help me somehow?

Thanks in advance!

EDT: Do i use Windows Defender?

//MOVED

Hello again,

I cannot tell what programs you might have installed on your computer (unless I look via "TeamViewer" into that). But you could - for a start - open the "START"-menu in Windows (lower left corner button, on the desktop, or by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard). And there, under "all (installed) programs", look for any security software you might have. And you might also want to do additional research if you feel unsure about anything.

Keep in mind that Windows Defender comes with every (newer) Windows installation, by default. But that doesn't have to say much, as there might be other stuff too. Also note that many computer manufacturers (especially on pre-built computers) provide "security"-software. And these thngs are often pre-installed on the computer already, so you'll need to check for these programs too.

Another hint: these pre-installed programs are often "light" or trial-versions, too.

Good luck for now and keep us posted. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Update Help: Question On First Step? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Update Help: Question On First Step? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 12:38

Hello again,

I cannot tell what programs you might have installed on your computer (unless I look via "TeamViewer" into that). But you could - for a start - open the "START"-menu in Windows (lower left corner button, on the desktop, or by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard). And there, under "all (installed) programs", look for any security software you might have. And you might also want to do additional research if you feel unsure about anything.

Keep in mind that Windows Defender comes with every (newer) Windows installation, by default. But that doesn't have to say much, as there might be other stuff too. Also note that many computer manufacturers (especially on pre-built computers) provide "security"-software. And these thngs are often pre-installed on the computer already, so you'll need to check for these programs too.

Another hint: these pre-installed programs are often "light" or trial-versions, too.

Good luck for now and keep us posted. Smile 

Hello again, Carlos Smile

So I know I have CCleaner and Malwarebytes installed and I don't really know if they count as security scanners, I just use them to clean my computer. I know when I first got this computer there was one security software that was offered called Norton. But it was never used so I don't think that counts Razz

#StillConfused...ScratchingHead lol

EDT: Whoop, nvm... I guess they did count.

Srry I wasted your time :DedicatedToLorilihim

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 07 Mar 2015, 20:12

HelloLove98 wrote:
Hello again, Carlos Smile

So I know I have CCleaner and Malwarebytes installed and I don't really know if they count as security scanners, I just use them to clean my computer. I know when I first got this computer there was one security software that was offered called Norton. But it was never used so I don't think that counts Razz

#StillConfused...ScratchingHead lol

EDT: Whoop, nvm... I guess they did count.

Srry I wasted your time :DedicatedToLorilihim

No, you're not wasting my time, but is everything working now ? And if so, do you have any other questions at the moment ? Smile 

P.S. Under "security"-software I mean programs that specifically target malicious content on your computer. And yes, Malwarebytes and Norton are among this category. As well as programs like Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender; something which many people also overlook. CCleaner on teh other hand does not specifically target malicious stuff. It is mostly used to clean up unnecessary content on your computer, like temporary files, old registry entries, and such.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 20:44

Actually it does work fine Surprised

I just wasnt sure about which ones were antivirus but i guess they all were

Thanks for the help!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed. Have fun !

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top