Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Older mods deleting when downloading new mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Older mods deleting when downloading new mods Empty Older mods deleting when downloading new mods

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 00:33

Hi! Idk why it's happening but as I download new mods and put them into the mods folder, then into subfolders, things that I remember being in my game are no longer there? From cas items to build mode.
Any suggestions? Why.

Back to top Go down

Older mods deleting when downloading new mods Empty Re: Older mods deleting when downloading new mods

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:45

dessystar wrote:Hi! Idk why it's happening but as I download new mods and put them into the mods folder, then into subfolders, things that I remember being in my game are no longer there? From cas items to build mode.
Any suggestions? Why.

Hello dessystar,

Are you sure you didn't delete them yourself ? Did you choose "copy and replace" and some point, when you put in the new mods ? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Older mods deleting when downloading new mods Empty Re: Older mods deleting when downloading new mods

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 23:45

I might have, next time I'll look out for that!
But I have a new problem now. . . I uninstalled the sims 4 and then reinstalled today, the g4tw version. I applied the Ultimate Fix and added the game to all the antivirus software that I have on the laptop (I did a search for 'antivirus' and added ts4 and all the files that I needed to their exception lists)
When I go to open the game it comes up like
Older mods deleting when downloading new mods Ts4-2011
instead of

Older mods deleting when downloading new mods Ts410
^^I had this version before I uninstalled.
Now the game tells me that I have load data that can't be loaded bcus the load data is in a newer version of ts4.
When I check my sims 4 folder, it looks likeOlder mods deleting when downloading new mods Screen11
And when I look at the ultimate fix that I just downloaded today, it looks like
Older mods deleting when downloading new mods Screen12
I'm just so confused with what happened Question

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Mar 2015, 14:48

Sorry for the belated reply,

As in most other cases like that, probably a "security" program deleted parts of the Ultimate fix. I suggest you (re-) read this here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

And then, after you managed to do all that, re-download the Ultimate fix and re-apply it. 

I know that the guide is very tough to understand, but it's one of the most important things regarding TS4.

Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top