Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age Of Empires III - .dll issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Age Of Empires III - .dll issue. [SOLVED] Empty Age Of Empires III - .dll issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Mar 2015, 02:07

I am having trouble opening open AOEIII i am getting an issue with "the procedure entry point_GrannyFixupFIleSection@12...." (age3.exe - Entry point not found.

How can I play this game?

Back to top Go down

Age Of Empires III - .dll issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Age Of Empires III - .dll issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Mar 2015, 08:46

rwilli3580 wrote:I am having trouble opening open AOEIII i am getting an issue with "the procedure entry point_GrannyFixupFIleSection@12...." (age3.exe - Entry point not found.

Hello and welcome,

At first, please make sure that you actually downloaded and also installed ALL available Windows updates. Smile  Next, look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

And download (and install) the vcredist_86 and vcredist_x64 files. If you have a 32-bit Windows, oly download the vcredist_86 then. After you did all of that, re-start the game and see if that works. If not, you could try installing the older Visual C++ runtimes, namely the 2010, 2008 and maybe 2005 ones. You should be able to find them via Google, but if you need help with that, I will look them up myself and post the links later on.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Age Of Empires III - .dll issue. [SOLVED] Empty potential .dll fix

Post by Guest Sun 29 Mar 2015, 23:15

Carlos wrote:
rwilli3580 wrote:I am having trouble opening open AOEIII i am getting an issue with "the procedure entry point_GrannyFixupFIleSection@12...." (age3.exe - Entry point not found.

Hello and welcome,

At first, please make sure that you actually downloaded and also installed ALL available Windows updates. Smile  Next, look here:
(link above)

And download (and install) the vcredist_86 and vcredist_x64 files. If you have a 32-bit Windows, oly download the vcredist_86 then. After you did all of that, re-start the game and see if that works. If not, you could try installing the older Visual C++ runtimes, namely the 2010, 2008 and maybe 2005 ones. You should be able to find them via Google, but if you need help with that, I will look them up myself and post the links later on.

Good luck for now !
Okay, so I happened to fix this issue myself before reading this but I thank you for the speedy reply! I think I figured out what caused this problem for me and for other people experiencing the same thing.

The torrent file includes instructions which say to copy the "crackfile" to the game directory. What I did at first was copy paste into the folder titled (Age of Empires III). This caused me to get a .dll error - so instead right click on the icon on your desktop and open file location. this is where you copy paste the crack folder as it is the true game directory. 

I feel like a lot of people make this simple mistake because once I changed the location of the crack folder everything worked fine.

Back to top Go down

Age Of Empires III - .dll issue. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Age Of Empires III - .dll issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 30 Mar 2015, 05:36

rwilli3580 wrote:Okay, so I happened to fix this issue myself before reading this but I thank you for the speedy reply! I think I figured out what caused this problem for me and for other people experiencing the same thing.

The torrent file includes instructions which say to copy the "crackfile" to the game directory. What I did at first was copy paste into the folder titled (Age of Empires III). This caused me to get a .dll error - so instead right click on the icon on your desktop and open file location. this is where you copy paste the crack folder as it is the true game directory. 

I feel like a lot of people make this simple mistake because once I changed the location of the crack folder everything worked fine.

You can only "copy and replace" something if you actually locate the original file. Smile  Meaning: you have to look at the name of the crack file, and then navigate to the game install location and find the (original) file. And this is valid for all games and software. Usually, the original file can be found very quickly, but sometimes, you need to look into some of the sub-folders too.

Of course, your method with using the desktop shortcut works too. I haven't downloaded AOE3 from Games4TheWorld myself, but I'm sure the instructions inside it specify the exact game location. And even if they don't, you can keep the thing about the "original file" in mind.

Good to hear the problem is solved though ! Feel free to open a new thread anytime, if you have more questions. Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top