Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windowed Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windowed Mode Empty Windowed Mode

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 15:32

Hi, I've installed the Ultimate Fix (and followed all instructions), the game launches.... but I have no display.  This is quite a regular problem for me with games, but one I can usually get around by switching to windowed mode either before launching, or by a key command during the game whilst I stare at a blank screen.

Google only comes up with official Origin answers that don't (as far as I know) help me on this.
I don't have Origin's launcher or anything else downloaded - should I?

Is there any way I can switch to windowed mode before launching?  or any other fixes that might work?
Thanks Smile

PS - this is the first time I've downloaded from you guys, and its been a breeze so far!  Brilliant job!
PPS - Apologies if this is in the wrong section Smile

Back to top Go down

Windowed Mode Empty Re: Windowed Mode

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 18:58

Hi there, @Greed0s, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Very Happy

You can make the game start as Windowed without the need of Origin. Just go to the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 location, and look for the Options.ini file. Edit it with a text editor (like Notepad). Look for a line that says 'fullscreen = 1', and edit that 1 to a 0. Save the file and try starting the game then. That should make it windowed. 

Still, it's very odd that you have such problems with games in fullscreen. Have you updated your graphics card drivers to the latest version?

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 19:04

Brilliant! Thank you.

I have the problems because I use a tv monitor with my pc - it's a bit of a jack of all trades master of none.

Actually I really should pick up a 2nd hand one.... a cheap £10 one would work a lot better than this lol

Either way, you've fixed it for me Smile thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Apr 2015, 20:52

Greed0s wrote:Brilliant! Thank you.

I have the problems because I use a tv monitor with my pc - it's a bit of a jack of all trades master of none.

Actually I really should pick up a 2nd hand one.... a cheap £10 one would work a lot better than this lol

Either way, you've fixed it for me Smile thank you

Ah, I see. You are very welcome! Wink

Problem solved, topic closed. If you ever need anything else, be sure to come back. Until then, have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top