Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Black screen when starting game in Windowed Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Black screen when starting game in Windowed Mode Empty Sims 3 Black screen when starting game in Windowed Mode

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 16:13

Hi there,
I've downloaded the whole Sims 3 collections and everything works fine. But when I set my settings to be Windowed, and start the game up again, I get a black screen but I hear the sounds and loading wheel. And when I make the game fullscreen again through the Options file, the screen is normal and I can see the game again.
I've tried the Ultimate Fix, but that doesn't fix anything.

Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Black screen when starting game in Windowed Mode Empty Re: Sims 3 Black screen when starting game in Windowed Mode

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 20:02

Hi there and welcome!

What if you change the mode in-game instead? Will the screen still blacks out? If it does not, I suggest doing that instead. I can't remember and can't test it at the moment, but if you change it in-game, the next time it start up, it should be still in windowed mode.

If you actually had done the above, scratch my comments off lol. Have you tried running in compatiblity mode as well as checking your drivers? It's actually odd to have a black screen problem in windowe mode.

Edit:
So before posting this, I googled around and found a similar thread on Carl's Sims 4 guide. Hope this works for you as well. 
Code:
I found a thread on Sims3 Forums that suggested to change the resolution to 1440 900 0 in the options.ini file and it worked

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Black screen when starting game in Windowed Mode Empty Re: Sims 3 Black screen when starting game in Windowed Mode

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 20:14

Whenever I set the game to windowed mode ingame it works normally, but when I save&exit and then start the game again (in windowed mode because I changed the settings ingame) it shows a black screen

Edit: Changing the resolution in the options file works!Thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Aug 2017, 21:08

Thank goodness! Enjoy the game! Very Happy
If you have further bugs/questions don't be shy to ask!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top