Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 05:15

I have followed all of the instructions in the PDF and the site here. I have also downloaded the Ultimate Fix. Every time I try to open the game (even if I use Admin) I get an error.
Here it is:
The procedure entry point _except1 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe

Note: I have downloaded the 2013 x64 and x86 versions of vc. I have been searching for hours, and nothing seems to work.
64-bit

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 06 Apr 2015, 11:59

buddybud62 wrote:(...)

Note: I have downloaded the 2013 x64 and x86 versions of vc. I have been searching for hours, and nothing seems to work.
64-bit

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please check your Windows updates, and download & install everything that is there. If you already installed the Visual C++ 2013, you might want to see if (re-)downloading the older Visual C++ runtimes (2005, 2008, 2010, etc.) helps you.

That's all I can say for now. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 Base Game. Entry Point Not Found Error. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 16:07

Carlos wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please check your Windows updates, and download & install everything that is there. If you already installed the Visual C++ 2013, you might want to see if (re-)downloading the older Visual C++ runtimes (2005, 2008, 2010, etc.) helps you.

That's all I can say for now. Good luck !
I fixed it! I  installed the Visual C++ 2010 and selected repair, and I also redownloaded the one's in the games folder. Apparently something went wrong in the installation. For now it is working seamlessly! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 20:31

Hi! 
I've the same problem, and my question is how can I install the Visual C++ 2010? 
Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Apr 2015, 20:41

buddybud62 wrote:I fixed it! I  installed the Visual C++ 2010 and selected repair, and I also redownloaded the one's in the games folder. Apparently something went wrong in the installation. For now it is working seamlessly! Razz

Good to hear ! Have fun with the game. Wink  

Cazv wrote:Hi! 
I've the same problem, and my question is how can I install the Visual C++ 2010? 
Thank you Smile

Hello and welcome,

Please open a NEW thread for your issues, thank you. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top