Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to start error?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start error? Empty Unable to start error?

Post by Guest Mon 06 Apr 2015, 13:44

I recently installed The Sims 4 main game, the Ultimate Fix, and the Get to work EP ( All from G4W ), the problem is I can't start the game, tried reinstalling three times, but no luck. If my Origin is closed I just can't seem to start it... Before I would get an error saying that Origin is currently not running, but now it just says Unable to start(but with the same error code as the Origin error), I didn't have any problems with Sims 3 but this is just frustrating, please help.. And yea I added the exceptions to my AV although it's turned off completely, just to be sure..
EDIT: I can start it with Origin but of course the all DLC-s are gone then.. I've tried every possible solution from G4W, none worked...

Thank you.
Unable to start error? PhCa0gX

//EDIT

Bump.. Carlos or someone please help..

Back to top Go down

Unable to start error? Empty Re: Unable to start error?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 18:13

tin15cro wrote:I recently installed The Sims 4 main game, the Ultimate Fix, and the Get to work EP ( All from G4W ), the problem is I can't start the game, tried reinstalling three times, but no luck. If my Origin is closed I just can't seem to start it... Before I would get an error saying that Origin is currently not running, but now it just says Unable to start(but with the same error code as the Origin error), I didn't have any problems with Sims 3 but this is just frustrating, please help.. And yea I added the exceptions to my AV although it's turned off completely, just to be sure..
EDIT: I can start it with Origin but of course the all DLC-s are gone then.. I've tried every possible solution from G4W, none worked...

Thank you.
Unable to start error? PhCa0gX

//EDIT

Bump.. Carlos or someone please help..

Hello and welcome,

First of all: do not bump please. Smile  If you really needed help quickly, you could also read up on some of the other threads here. Also note that it is impossible for me to get back to all messages here in time (and yes, most o the other Helpers/Mods are not regularly here, at present). 

And yes, my reply now is going to be the same: the guide that I wrote is very difficult to understand for the average person. Experience shows that most people - even if claiming otherwise - cannot properly add exclusions or configure their firewalls.

Problems arise in the wide variety of anti-virus and firewall software. Some anti-virus systems simply don't accept exclusions, and some can't even be turned off completely. Some firewalls from anti-virus systems override the Windows firewall. Some people do not even know what anti-virus program they have installed, and finally, in many cases there is "hidden" security software that people are not even aware of. 

As you can imagine, the reality is much more complex that the guide I posted, hence the guide is mainly intended to show you "rules of the thumb". It's not the classical guide that takes your hand, so-to-speak.

Also make sure that you add your DOWNLOADS-folder to the excption list too, so that yous tuff doesn't get damaged right after you download it.  And after you did all of that, please re-download the crack files here:
http://bit.ly/1CAeWYL

Look inside for the TS4.exe, RldOrigin.dll and RldOrigin.ini files. COPY them to your base game install location, usually in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Choose "copy and replace" for all files, when prompted.

That's all I can say - good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top