Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just in case you are wondering, I do what I do for love, not $

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just in case you are wondering, I do what I do for love, not $ Empty Just in case you are wondering, I do what I do for love, not $

Post by Sim Architect Tue 07 Apr 2015, 06:13

Hi there! I just wanted to share with all of you my earnings report from YouTube. If you don't know, YouTube requires you to have earned AT LEAST 100 US Dollars before they allow you to withdraw anything. Of course money is always welcome and fun to have, but as you can see below, I didn't make the 100 bucks during the entire lifetime of my channel. Does it mean I will stop making videos? NO! I'd just like to share with all of you that I do what I do because I want to, not for profits. Smile

Just in case you are wondering, I do what I do for love, not $ NA07wtr

Meanwhile, have some tea, and happy simming!!

Tea 4 Tea 4
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Just in case you are wondering, I do what I do for love, not $ Empty Re: Just in case you are wondering, I do what I do for love, not $

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Apr 2015, 22:25

Hello Sven,

Indeed, with those "advertisements", you usually don't get much in return. Those other people on YouTube, whose videos "reach" several million clicks, maybe those people make a little bit more money, but I can't quite imagine even that.

Indeed, as long as you like what you are doing, and as long as you see "some" purpose in doing anything, you should go on doing it. Smile  

I'll get back to some of your videos on here, when things "slow down" a bit (there's still a lot going on about the TS4 expansion).

See you then !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Just in case you are wondering, I do what I do for love, not $ Empty Re: Just in case you are wondering, I do what I do for love, not $

Post by Sim Architect Wed 08 Apr 2015, 02:27

Carlos wrote:Hello Sven,

Indeed, with those "advertisements", you usually don't get much in return. Those other people on YouTube, whose videos "reach" several million clicks, maybe those people make a little bit more money, but I can't quite imagine even that.

Indeed, as long as you like what you are doing, and as long as you see "some" purpose in doing anything, you should go on doing it. Smile  

I'll get back to some of your videos on here, when things "slow down" a bit (there's still a lot going on about the TS4 expansion).

See you then !
Thanks, Carlos!

I knew from start my chances of making real money were tiny. If I can make enough to pay the electricity I spent making the videos it will be good enough.

I saw some simmers like that australian guy that could live off the money he made from his channel, I guess he has a few thousand views at least on each video and he is releasing more than one video per day, that's crazy work!

I think it's fun, I like producing content and it feels good to get a couple of coins back, even if I wait another year for that, because it means that at least SOMEONE is liking and watching and coming back to my channel.

I wish I get more feedback in the future, so I can know what people think, what people would like to see, I might be able to change a thing or two and make the viewer experience more fun.

Meanwhile, let's have some tea and, please, let me know what you think after you have the chance to watch something Smile

Tea 1 Tea 1
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top