Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access denied to folder. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRACK - Access denied to folder. [SOLVED] Empty Access denied to folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 14:54

Hello,

I've downloaded the Sims 4 get to work and I don't know why I can't copy the file RldOrigin.dll into the Bin folder.

I've uninstalled the game and I've downloaded it again just in case and it was still not working. In the forum I found a tutorial about allowing sharing the folder and I still have the problem.

Could you help me?

Thank you in advance,

Back to top Go down

CRACK - Access denied to folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Access denied to folder. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Apr 2015, 16:40

onazero wrote:Hello,

I've downloaded the Sims 4 get to work and I don't know why I can't copy the file RldOrigin.dll into the Bin folder.

I've uninstalled the game and I've downloaded it again just in case and it was still not working. In the forum I found a tutorial about allowing sharing the folder and I still have the problem.

Could you help me?

Thank you in advance,

Hello and welcome to the forum,

See this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19603-destination-folder-access-denied-fix

There are 2 possibilities now: first, make sure you actually edit the folder permissions correctly. And then, also open the task manager and see if you have a "TS4.exe" process running. If so, close that process please. Smile  

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

CRACK - Access denied to folder. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Access denied to folder. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 10 Apr 2015, 00:20

Hello!

I tried both things already.

I've made sure all the folders had the permissions allowed and in my task manager there is no Sims process running.

I could try to uninstall the game again and download it also but I doubt is going to work because I have already tried that once.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Apr 2015, 01:32

onazero wrote:Hello!

I tried both things already.

I've made sure all the folders had the permissions allowed and in my task manager there is no Sims process running.

I could try to uninstall the game again and download it also but I doubt is going to work because I have already tried that once.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for your help Smile

I'm almost sure that you did something & somewhere wrong, but let's see. Can you navigate to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Game\Bin ?

There, DELETE the files TS4.exe, RldOrigin.dll and RldOrigin.ini. See if that works for you, and if it does, try re-copying the files from the #crack again.

Anotehr possibility is that you are not logged in as Administrator, though it's very unlikely that this is the cause.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Apr 2015, 02:26

I'm sorry that I have to say this...but it's still not working...

I could delete the files and I could copy the TS4.exe and RldOrigin.ini but not the RldOrigin.dll.
And I'm the only user of the PC so I'm the administrator.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 11 Apr 2015, 03:21

Try this:

1. Right click the folder

2. Click on "Properties"

3. Click on the "Security" tab

4. Click on "Advanced"

5. It'll open into the Permissions tab, click onto the "Owner" tab.

6. It should say "Unable to display current owner" Click "Edit..."

7. Select "Administrators" or *Your PCUsername*

8. Tick the box next to "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"

People have said this option doesn't appear, me or my friends have always had this option. If  it doesn't appear, try restarting your PC.
9. Click "Apply"
10. A window will pop-up select "Yes"

11. It should tell you that you have taken ownership of the folder and files. Press "OK"

Last edited by coolcandy3001 on Sat 11 Apr 2015, 03:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : *doesn't - not does)
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Apr 2015, 18:35

onazero wrote:I'm sorry that I have to say this...but it's still not working...

I could delete the files and I could copy the TS4.exe and RldOrigin.ini but not the RldOrigin.dll.

Yes, what coolcandy said before (though that should be covered by the guide I posted in my first reply already Very Happy ). 

I also suspect that your anti-virus has something to do with that. Try de-activating your anti-virus completely, for the moment. And then try re-copying the crack files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 11 Apr 2015, 21:02

Carlos wrote:
onazero wrote:I'm sorry that I have to say this...but it's still not working...

Yes, what coolcandy said before (though that should be covered by the guide I posted in my first reply already Very Happy ). 

I also suspect that your anti-virus has something to do with that. Try de-activating your anti-virus completely, for the moment. And then try re-copying the crack files.
Oh sorry, I only did a quick skim through the guide and didn't see that lol >.<
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 11 Apr 2015, 21:32

coolcandy3001 wrote:Oh sorry, I only did a quick skim through the guide and didn't see that lol >.<
Never just "quick skim through" a guide on Games4theworld... They're there for a reason. Haters gonna hate
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Apr 2015, 21:53

coolcandy3001 wrote:Oh sorry, I only did a quick skim through the guide and didn't see that lol >.<

It's OK coolcandy. Smile  Have a cup of tea in the meantime:

Tea 5
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Sat 11 Apr 2015, 21:57

Carlos wrote:

It's OK coolcandy. Smile  Have a cup of tea in the meantime:

Tea 5
I'm not sure if I deserve a cup of tea right now.. -points to my rank- S:
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2015, 12:02

OK.... I might be stupid....

I uninstalled the game again but now I can't install it again....
It says that there has been an error when trying to write in the file C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/rdl.dll. It says that I should check if I have access to that place, but the folder Game doesn't exist so I can check nothing.

Thank you for your help but I think that I won't be able to play The Sims 4 any more.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Apr 2015, 17:22

onazero wrote:OK.... I might be stupid....

I uninstalled the game again but now I can't install it again....
It says that there has been an error when trying to write in the file C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Game/Bin/rdl.dll. It says that I should check if I have access to that place, but the folder Game doesn't exist so I can check nothing.

Thank you for your help but I think that I won't be able to play The Sims 4 any more.

Again, did you make sure to completely de-activate all your anti-virus programs... ? This also includes programs like "Windows Defender" or "Microsoft Security Essentials". For a guide on how to turn the latter two off, see this here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coolcandy3001 Mon 13 Apr 2015, 21:44

Admin wrote:
Never just "quick skim through" a guide on Games4theworld... They're there for a reason. Haters gonna hate
Turns out I didn't skim through it, what I posted isn't in that guide s:
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 15:51

OK, It's finally working!!

Thank you so much for your help Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Apr 2015, 15:57

onazero wrote:OK, It's finally working!!

Thank you so much for your help Very Happy

Good to hear ! So did you de-activate your anti-virus system now ? Smile  Would you also mind telling us what anti-virus program you have installed ? And do you have any other questions for now, or can I close the thread ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Apr 2015, 21:50

I tried de-activating the antivirus (Ad-Aware Free) but it didn't work so I uninstall it. I de-activated the Windows Defender and just in case I put the Sims 4 files into the exception list. And that solved the problem!

I don't have any questions, thank you so much again for your help!! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Apr 2015, 11:32

onazero wrote:I tried de-activating the antivirus (Ad-Aware Free) but it didn't work so I uninstall it. I de-activated the Windows Defender and just in case I put the Sims 4 files into the exception list. And that solved the problem!

I don't have any questions, thank you so much again for your help!! Wink

No problem, and thanks for your feedback ! If you have any other things to ask or just want to chat, feel free to get in touch with us again, anytime. Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top