Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get to Work crack, please help immediately.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get to Work crack, please help immediately. Empty Get to Work crack, please help immediately.

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 13:31

Hello everyone, my name's Carl and I'm obviously a Noob here.

So, my problem is that, I downloaded the G4TW base game then I later downloaded the G4TW Get to Work one. I read all the instructions,  and followed them step by step. Then, I got excited, like, so excited because I thought I'm finally going to be able to play Get to Work then I started the game, it worked perfectly but Get to Work is nowhere to be found.

Now, I searched through the threads here and I read that I have to transfer the files of the Crack folder to the TS4 game bin or something then I looked back to the Get to Work folder and I didn't see any crack folder..

Did I do something wrong? As much as this might sound so dramatic but I really feel like crying right now because I feel like all the time I spent in downloading everything is just wasted.

P.S: Sorry if this is a little bit confusing, English is not my first language.

Please reply ASAP. Thank you.

Much love,
Carl xoxo

Back to top Go down

Get to Work crack, please help immediately. Empty Re: Get to Work crack, please help immediately.

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 15:01

when you install the game and start the game you have to make sure that orgin is off

Back to top Go down

Get to Work crack, please help immediately. Empty Re: Get to Work crack, please help immediately.

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 15:05

I actually did turn it off, but still, no luck.

And if I exit Origin before starting the game, it won't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:24

Touchinos wrote:I actually did turn it off, but still, no luck.

And if I exit Origin before starting the game, it won't work.

Hello and welcome,

The "crack" you are talking about has been posted by me, but it is not necessary. The only reason I posted this, is because people's anti-virus software deleted the crack files. 

If you normally apply the files from "Get to Work" according to the instructions, then there is no crack necessary.

As for your problem, experience shows that people get this when they did not configure their firewalls correctly, or something is wrong with the anti-virus. Or: people "panick" and un-install the anti-virus, but screw up in the end. In any case, have another look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-6-3-2015

And do all the suggestions I mentioned (note: you'll most likely need to do some additonal research on your own). That's all I can say. If it doesn't work, then I'm sorry, but there is nothing else that can be done.

The game works for most people (me including), and in those cases that the game doesn't work, the system is already so..."packed" with improperly un-installed security software, that people will need to re-install Windows, and start over. Sorry.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:33

Hi @Carlos,

I have Windows Essentials only, and I did all the exception of all the Game folders there.. Is that correct or I should do something else?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:40

Touchinos wrote:Hi @Carlos,

I have Windows Essentials only, and I did all the exception of all the Game folders there.. Is that correct or I should do something else?

I would honestly turn that off completely. Also, double-check if you really did the other stuff too. And are you sure that computer didn't have any other anti-virus program installed, in the past ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:43

Yes, I did have previous anti-viruses. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Apr 2015, 23:57

Touchinos wrote:Yes, I did have previous anti-viruses. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

It depends on whether they were correctly un-installed. I suggest you just go on, and you will see. Normally, if you do the things from the guide in my first reply correctly, then everything should work in the end.

But if it doesn't, then it most likely means that you did not properly un-install the previous security software. For example, you have forgotten to re-boot the computer, which is very importan when un-insalling anything.

Again, just go ahead and see for youself. That's all I can say.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 02:43

I uninstalled everything, then restarted my laptop and then installed the base game again.

I tried starting the game WITHOUT Origin and then no luck, so I tried starting it WITH Origin (I went Offline Mode) and it worked perfectly.

But, that's not my problem, my problem is Get to Work.

I did read the link you gave me, I followed the steps (except those that involves an anti-virus software because I have none, only Windows Defender) and then I followed the instructions given from the Get to Work folder.

Then, I started the game again and Get to Work is still not there.

Do I still have any chance of playing Get to Work? Or should I just give up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 15:19

Ι have the exact same problem. I also followed all the steps on your guide and after I disabled my antivirus, I did a clean boot, too, just to be sure. Then I unrared Get to Work again, I copied and pasted and it's nowhere to be found. I'm at a loss as to what to do next...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Apr 2015, 16:45

Touchinos wrote:I uninstalled everything, then restarted my laptop and then installed the base game again.

I tried starting the game WITHOUT Origin and then no luck, so I tried starting it WITH Origin (I went Offline Mode) and it worked perfectly.

But, that's not my problem, my problem is Get to Work.

I did read the link you gave me, I followed the steps (except those that involves an anti-virus software because I have none, only Windows Defender) and then I followed the instructions given from the Get to Work folder.

Then, I started the game again and Get to Work is still not there.

Do I still have any chance of playing Get to Work? Or should I just give up?

I may sound repetitive now, but still: from my experience the reason you are getting these problems is because you had one or more prior anti-virus systems, and they were not properly removed.

The game works fine for me, as well as most other people. So YES, it is possible to overcome this.

And at that point I can't really suggest more than that, sorry. Keep in mind that generally, you should NEVER un-install anything in Windows OS, actually. But if you DO un-install something, it must be done properly, and not many people know how to do that. It doesn't help that you re-booted the laptop now, because you should have done it properly straight away.

As harsh as it sounds, you can either give up on it, or do a fresh Windows installation, and then re-download both the Sims 4 base game and "Get to Work"-expansion too.

Lisnya wrote:Ι have the exact same problem. I also followed all the steps on your guide and after I disabled my antivirus, I did a clean boot, too, just to be sure. Then I unrared Get to Work again, I copied and pasted and it's nowhere to be found. I'm at a loss as to what to do next...

See my reply above. Smile  Sorry, but that is all I can say.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 16:53

@Carlos, thank you for your help, I just decided to drop all the stress and just live with whatever I have now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Apr 2015, 19:36

@Carlos, thanks for replying. I have AdvancedSystem Care Ultimate and although it's not exactly paranoid, it did give me a lot of grief with the Sims 4 and that's why I resorted to a clean boot. I don't know how else to disable it, short of uninstalling it, any ideas, please?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Apr 2015, 13:27

Hi,

I think, you should make all the sims file exclude from antivirus, then start install base game. Once finish, apply ultimate fix. Then you will be able to play directly after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top