Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Unofficial] The Sims 4 Mac Project!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Unofficial] The Sims 4 Mac Project! Empty [Unofficial] The Sims 4 Mac Project!

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015, 02:18

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, or shouldn't be on this forum. Please feel free to either move the topic or delete it.
Many of you fans have awaited for The Sims 4 to be released on Mac OS X. Many of you fans have rejoiced once The Sims 4 has been released on Macs. Many of you fans have since been in despair, ever since the disappointment of barely no-one (besides some Google Drives dude, who has limited capabilities and can't even run in Full Screen) being able to crack the Macintosh version. 

Well that's about to change.

Don't get too hyped though, this project may fail.

_____
What we need to do?
We need to

a) Crack the activation system.
Activation on the Mac system is way harder than the PC version, with an ActivationUI and the 6 activation .dylib files. Macs don't use the .dll format, they use .dylibs and they're primarily the same thing basically, just under a different file name and different methods to edit.

b) Crack the executable file.
This can be primarily be done by converting an executable file towards an Unix Executable file.

c) Obtain the Administrators approval.
Even though it's a project, it's primarily on the Games4TheWorld forums page and I would want this to be a Games4TheWorld Download.

d) Cross the pathways
 1) If the administrator does approve of this download, we will easily upload it on the interwebs under a different file than the Windows version.
 2) If the administrator does not approve of this download, we will
   x) Give the files to Admin and Admin will look through (if possible).   
   y) Upload it under a different name, Admin will delete this topic, and all is well.
   z) Not upload it and all is done is well.

_____
Spark your discussion!

We are working only on 'The Sims 4' base game right now. Once done, we will work on the 'Get To Work' expansion pack.
The Sims 3 plumbob

____
We are currently working on -

The Sims Plumbob 1
a ______________________________________________________ d

Back to top Go down

[Unofficial] The Sims 4 Mac Project! Empty Re: [Unofficial] The Sims 4 Mac Project!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Apr 2015, 02:41

briancarter wrote:Mods, if this is in the wrong section, or shouldn't be on this forum. Please feel free to either move the topic or delete it.
Many of you fans have awaited for The Sims 4 to be released on Mac OS X. Many of you fans have rejoiced once The Sims 4 has been released on Macs. Many of you fans have since been in despair, ever since the disappointment of barely no-one (besides some Google Drives dude, who has limited capabilities and can't even run in Full Screen) being able to crack the Macintosh version. 

_____
What we need to do?
We need to

Activation on the Mac system is way harder than the PC version, with an ActivationUI and the 6 activation .dylib files. Macs don't use the .dll format, they use .dylibs and they're primarily the same thing basically, just under a different file name and different methods to edit.

This can be primarily be done by converting an executable file towards an Unix Executable file.

Even though it's a project, it's primarily on the Games4TheWorld forums page and I would want this to be a Games4TheWorld Download.

d) Cross the pathways
 1) If the administrator does approve of this download, we will easily upload it on the interwebs under a different file than the Windows version.
   y) Upload it under a different name, Admin will delete this topic, and all is well.

_____
Spark your discussion!

We are working only on 'The Sims 4' base game right now. Once done, we will work on the 'Get To Work' expansion pack.
The Sims 3 plumbob

____

The Sims Plumbob 1

Hello,

While I personally appreciate your enthusiasm (and so does the rest of the team I guess), I'm not sure yet what to make of your post though. Please note that first and foremost, Games4TheWorld does *NOT* crack games, especially not Mac OS-ones. At least not in most cases (one exception being the crack for TS3).

Also keep in mind that it is not enough either to just say "hey I got a crack for a game - let's release it !". A big deal of G4TW releases is also about giving professional and regular (!) support on this game, and the Mac OS platform in this case. The work is not finished by simply compiling a download and uploading a torrent. The type of support that will be necessary includes things like

1) Installing/Un-installing support
2) Support on crashes/freezes
3) Performance issues on Mac
4) etc., etc. 

While I'm sure that the Admins will approve of this, most of the current team does not have sufficient Mac knowledge to take on this "project". And that includes the 2 Admins. If you want to make suggestions toward a possible Mac release of TS4, feel free to get in touch with Phoebe. Use this link here to send her a PM:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u8780

Keep in mind though that she is not regularly on the forum, currently. It is up to her, to decide whether Games4TheWorld will take on such a project. Smile  

We have not yet spoken to Phoebe about this issue, but I will bring this up in the next Mod "meeting", and we will keep you folks posted. No guarantees though that we will release this. Again, that decision will be made by Phoebe.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

[Unofficial] The Sims 4 Mac Project! Empty Re: [Unofficial] The Sims 4 Mac Project!

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015, 04:25

Carlos wrote:
briancarter wrote:Mods, if this is in the wrong section, or shouldn't be on this forum. Please feel free to either move the topic or delete it.

_____
What we need to do?
We need to

d) Cross the pathways

_____
Spark your discussion!

The Sims 3 plumbob

____

The Sims Plumbob 1

Hello,

While I personally appreciate your enthusiasm (and so does the rest of the team I guess), I'm not sure yet what to make of your post though. Please note that first and foremost, Games4TheWorld does *NOT* crack games, especially not Mac OS-ones. At least not in most cases (one exception being the crack for TS3).

Also keep in mind that it is not enough either to just say "hey I got a crack for a game - let's release it !". A big deal of G4TW releases is also about giving professional and regular (!) support on this game, and the Mac OS platform in this case. The work is not finished by simply compiling a download and uploading a torrent. The type of support that will be necessary includes things like

1) Installing/Un-installing support
2) Support on crashes/freezes
3) Performance issues on Mac
4) etc., etc. 

While I'm sure that the Admins will approve of this, most of the current team does not have sufficient Mac knowledge to take on this "project". And that includes the 2 Admins. If you want to make suggestions toward a possible Mac release of TS4, feel free to get in touch with Phoebe. Use this link here to send her a PM:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u8780

Keep in mind though that she is not regularly on the forum, currently. It is up to her, to decide whether Games4TheWorld will take on such a project. Smile  

We have not yet spoken to Phoebe about this issue, but I will bring this up in the next Mod "meeting", and we will keep you folks posted. No guarantees though that we will release this. Again, that decision will be made by Phoebe.

Thankyou Carlos for posting the post.

I will get in touch with Phoebe and will ask her all about it.
Also, keep in mind that if a crack does not work, I will personally not release it, I will not release anything that is non-functional. That includes Game problems, crashing (etc.). Once the crack is finished and released, we will contact the mods and the administrators and ask them to test them out (if they have a Mac). If not, I will provide a video explaining how it works.

If then the Admins think its capable of a Games4TheWorld release, I will either upload it or give it to an admin to upload and I will post a thread explaining how to download/install, I (or any other project member that wants to participate), will give regular updates including new Sims Expansion and Game packs.

Again, this is getting too ambitious. We'll have to tackle the verification issue head on first.

Have fun,
Brian C.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Apr 2015, 05:54

briancarter wrote:Also, keep in mind that if a crack does not work, I will personally not release it, I will not release anything that is non-functional. 

Well, everything else wouldn't be logical anyway, would it...? Smile  

Carlos is tha man

//EDIT

Also, I'm afraid I won't be of much help with "testing" a possible crack either, since I do not own a Mac (neither do most other team members btw). WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
But again, you will need to await Phoebe's feedback on this matter. Depending on what she says about all this, we will see further.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:13

Hi there,

Actually me and @intropella have discussed a few things about this a while back. He sent me some files, which I have looked through. The "structure" looks much like TS3 for Mac, which means that the Windows files are also present in the Mac version. (Well hidden, beneath a bunch of folders)
So theoretically we should be able to use the Windows (.exe) crack, just like with The Sims 3 for Mac.

I still want to do some tampering with the files (read: copy and pasting Razz), before sending it back to Intropella for testing.
And about the Helpers; I'm sure we can gather a team of (dedicated) Mac Helpers again. But yes, there is definitely potential here.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:21

Hello all,

Brian contacted with me early and as usual I replied late  Facepalm But I am here! Let's share our knowledge about it. Since I am not good at game mechanics like dear Admin and Carlos, still I can help with trying the Mac fix and supplying the feedback or whatever I can do Smile

I will be more frequently now, so please feel free to contact to me. After all, you need my approval for passing it, right Carlos? Wink ( to Admin:  Razz)
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Apr 2015, 01:47

Admin wrote:Hi there,

Actually me and @intropella have discussed a few things about this a while back. He sent me some files, which I have looked through. The "structure" looks much like TS3 for Mac, which means that the Windows files are also present in the Mac version. (Well hidden, beneath a bunch of folders)
So theoretically we should be able to use the Windows (.exe) crack, just like with The Sims 3 for Mac.

I still want to do some tampering with the files (read: copy and pasting Razz), before sending it back to Intropella for testing.
And about the Helpers; I'm sure we can gather a team of (dedicated) Mac Helpers again. But yes, there is definitely potential here.

I would gladly help if there was anything that needed to be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top