Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Run Installer for The Sims 3 Supernaturals

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Run Installer for The Sims 3 Supernaturals Empty Can't Run Installer for The Sims 3 Supernaturals

Post by Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 12:21

I click the Sims3EP07Setup, and what comes out is a window that says these things exactly:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@ Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version: 9.0.8112.16421

It doesn't even open the Installer. That window just pops up. What do I do?

Back to top Go down

Can't Run Installer for The Sims 3 Supernaturals Empty Re: Can't Run Installer for The Sims 3 Supernaturals

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 03 May 2015, 20:42

Hello,

Please re-extract the file you downloaded, and try again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Can't Run Installer for The Sims 3 Supernaturals Empty Re: Can't Run Installer for The Sims 3 Supernaturals

Post by Admin Sun 03 May 2015, 20:48

Hi there,

And make sure to use WinRAR! See: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16881-setupnew-setup-cpp-140-error-fix

If you follow these steps though, you do not need to run those individual patches any more: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 13:33

I forgot to mention that the I no longer have the .rar file

I recently got back to playing The Sims 3 after finding out that The Sims 4 wasn't really all that good, so the zips for all my expansion packs are gone.
All the files from the zips are now in their own folders (folders named SimsSeasons, SimsSupernatural) so there's really nothing to re-extract. What am I supposed to do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 29 May 2015, 13:30

Wolf24 wrote:I forgot to mention that the I no longer have the .rar file

I recently got back to playing The Sims 3 after finding out that The Sims 4 wasn't really all that good, so the zips for all my expansion packs are gone.
All the files from the zips are now in their own folders (folders named SimsSeasons, SimsSupernatural) so there's really nothing to re-extract. What am I supposed to do now?

I actually replied to your other post here, before seeign this (the other topic was closed in the meantime). For the future, please keep all discussions in one thread only, to avoid confusion. Smile  

That said, are you sure you extracted ALL contents, from each .RAR file ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top