Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game Empty Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game

Post by Guest Mon 18 May 2015, 05:17

In the installation guide provided, it says the game is pre-cracked so all I have to do is drag the files, however, I am not using the downloaded version of Sims 4. I purchased mine from Origin. Do I need to apply the ultimate fix first and then drag the files for the expansion?
TIA.

UPDATE: I downloaded the ultimate fix and followed instructions. Then "installed" the Get to Work expansion. The game loads, but without the expansion.

Last edited by alibeasley on Tue 19 May 2015, 02:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game Empty Re: Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game

Post by Guest Mon 18 May 2015, 09:29

hey
if you apply the fix or the EP (they have the same files if the GTW is from here) you can't connect to the gallery even if you open origin because its an outdated crack fix and maybe we have to wait for them to update it so it will take time
if you want to connect to the gallery and stay tuned with their news dont apply the fix and if you want to play offline until the fix gets updated so do it if you want but you have to delete some files from documents because if your legit game is updated with the last one with the fix it will pop up an error that tells you that files of this program are created by new version of it

Back to top Go down

Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game Empty Re: Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game

Post by Guest Mon 18 May 2015, 14:58

Aymen1234 wrote:hey
if you apply the fix or the EP (they have the same files if the GTW is from here) you can't connect to the gallery even if you open origin because its an outdated crack fix and maybe we have to wait for them to update it so it will take time
if you want to connect to the gallery and stay tuned with their news dont apply the fix and if you want to play offline until the fix gets updated so do it if you want but you have to delete some files from documents because if your legit game is updated with the last one with the fix it will pop up an error that tells you that files of this program are created by new version of it
I'm slightly confused. Sad
So if I use the files from the EP, I can play the game but I must be offline from Origin, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 10:06

sorry for my late post
and yes if you use the files from the EP or the ultimate fix you have to stay offline because if you connect with your legit game and the EP is there the game will be updated and all the stuff from the EP will not work with it if you didn't purchased it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 15:06

Well, I figured out how to open Sims 4 without running Origin at all and I get this error now: 

Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game GkQNo9p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 17:50

its because your game is updated by origin
you need to delete the files in the screenshot 
Use downloaded expansion with purchased base game Wf2bdwH
and if it doesn't work delete the user and reticulated files but dont delete the options.ini file

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 May 2015, 22:27

Well I followed that and now it's same my game cannot start because it's corrupted and to re-install. Lol. SIGH. This mess is complicated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 May 2015, 03:08

You can't play The Sims 4 GTW in an Outdated fix, Why? because you have the latest version of the game and The Gtw has an outdated version of the game, meaning the patch 1.5 cannot be used in patch 1.7, So all you have to do is wait for the fix.

But, you need to be offline when you play The Sims 4 GTW from here because The EP and the DLCs won't work. 

And I am afraid that whenever an update releases, you can't play the GTW unless it is updated to the latest version of the game. 

So all you have to do is, Enjoy playing and wait for the latest crack/fix of the game.

Thank you!

And just grab a cup of  Tea 5 and wait for the next update. Patience is the answer.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top